Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Surround cameras
Mallam

Surround cameras

I've just confirmed my order - Prestige coupe, Fugi White. One of the options I chose was the surround cameras for about £600. Just had the dealer on the phone telling me that the cameras can only be specced if you've chosen the lux pack or tech pack. You then have to pay the £600 on top. Has anybody else heard of this. All of the materials I've seen so far including the configurator suggest that these are stand alone options.
04-07-2011 02:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Owend

RE: Surround cameras

(04-07-2011 02:27pm)Mallam Wrote:  I've just confirmed my order - Prestige coupe, Fugi White. One of the options I chose was the surround cameras for about £600. Just had the dealer on the phone telling me that the cameras can only be specced if you've chosen the lux pack or tech pack. You then have to pay the £600 on top. Has anybody else heard of this. All of the materials I've seen so far including the configurator suggest that these are stand alone options.

If the LUX or TECH pack includes the navigation then I can imagine he's right... !!! you'll need to see the out of the cameras somewhere.. !!!!
04-07-2011 02:40pm
cjfp

@Mallam - am i reading it correctly that you have gone for a Prestige without Tech pack?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
04-07-2011 03:24pm
Mallam

(04-07-2011 03:24pm)cjfp Wrote:  @Mallam - am i reading it correctly that you have gone for a Prestige without Tech pack?

No. I believe the tech pack is standard so it comes with the hdd navigation, touch screen, say what you see etc. I haven't chosen the lux pack @ £4,325 or entertainment pack @ £2,300 ( I meant to say entertainment as opposed to tech pack in my original post).

Land Rover have advised that I need to spec either the lux or entertainment pack to choose the surround camera option. it totally contradicts what their price list and web configurator says but apparently when you try to add the surround camera option when ordering is does not allow it.

I'm going to try and ring Land Rover myself but I was interested to see if anyone else has had this problem
04-07-2011 07:16pm
cjfp

@Mallam - ah, you wrote tech pack in your original thread. I agree with you now, it does appear that the LR build site doesn't make you add anything else if you spec the Surround cameras.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
04-07-2011 07:49pm
Alex

I have ordered surround cameras on my Dynamic without the LUX or entertainment pack, order went through fine. I have not had my dealer inform me anything similar as described.

I will have to give him a call and ask later today, I hope this isnt the case as it now means more money!

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
06-07-2011 07:27am
cjfp

Looking at the UK Price / Option list I have (admittedly it may have changed since I got it), the Surround Cameras come as part of the Ent Pack or as part of the Lux Pack or can be ordered as a separate item as it shows as "(P6) (P9) O" [unlike the Rain Sensing Windscreen which shows as "(P8) (O)" - ie the "(O)" shows it is relient on other things being ordered)

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2011 07:52am by cjfp.)
06-07-2011 07:51am
Blackseries

(06-07-2011 07:27am)Alex Wrote:  I have ordered surround cameras on my Dynamic without the LUX or entertainment pack, order went through fine. I have not had my dealer inform me anything similar as described.

I will have to give him a call and ask later today, I hope this isnt the case as it now means more money!

I have ordered surround cameras on my Prestige without the LUX or entertainment pack and the order went through fine.

I think your dealer has got it wrong.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
06-07-2011 08:51am
Mallam

Thanks for the feedback. I'll be back in touch with my dealer to see if I can get this sorted
06-07-2011 07:17pm