Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Surround Camera Fail
JoBro

Surround Camera Fail

Was leaving the office this evening, and was using my left and right surround cameras to make sure i didnt hit those purpose built concreate wheel scratching gutters on the ramps exiting the car park, and the left camera just stopped, the screen went blue and had a cartoon picture of the camera with a red cross through it.

Has anyone had this happen? I was able to get the camera to work again by completly switching off the car and waiting for all systems to shutdown, just turning the engine off and on, failed to restore its functionality.

I rang landrover service, who suggested i bring the car in so they could check the camera and order a replacment one if required, but seeing as i got it working again, told them i would see if it happens again before i bring it in.

Range Rover Evoque SD4 5 Door Dynamic Manual - Fuji White

Tech Pack, 20' Alloy Style 6, Pano Roof, 825w Meridian System, Adaptive Dynamics, Cold Climate Pack, Adaptive Lights, Automatic High Beam Assist, HomeLink, Park Assist, TPMS, Surround Camera, TV, Blind Spot Monitoring, Thinkware F770 Dashcam
20-06-2012 12:56pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cedric

RE: Surround Camera Fail

I thought I had that once or twice, but it was my fault. Instead of pressing enlarge I had chosen the second view, which is surround one. You see 3 working ones, and one seems to be disabled (I think).
20-06-2012 07:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
QUEEVO

RE: Surround Camera Fail

I am of no help; I dont have my car yet JoBro but posting here to keep abreast of this issue... very interesting.

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
20-06-2012 11:41pm
Blackie36

Surround Camera Fail

JoBro

That happened to me with mine not longer after I'd picked it up and I had to do exactly the same thing to reset mine. 3 months on and it's never once happened again so I'm guessing it's some sort of software issue.

I did speak to my dealer at the time and they wanted me to take it in so they could replace the camera, but I definitely don't think it was a camera issue - especially hearing that it happened to two together on yours.

Hopefully we don't see it again.
24-06-2012 12:06pm