Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Supermarket Valet
paul_s

Supermarket Valet

Sorry if this is on here somewhere already, did search but couldn't see.

Has anyone used supermarket valet people that are in the car park of large supermarkets? and what did you think if you have? I don't want the inside of the car done just the outside washed, i can't wash the car at home because of the location of my house i cant get close enough due to a large green in front of me that is fenced.
Any thought, would i be best to avoid the supermarket valet?
05-05-2012 08:11pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Supermarket Valet

Paul_s - please be seated and I think you should prepare yourself for some negative responses!

I'm not a car clean freak (apols to all those that are Laughing ), but even I wouldn't go anywhere near them.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2012 08:15pm by cjfp.)
05-05-2012 08:14pm
ED209

avoid, avoid like you would a large fire or a heavy dose of ebola.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
05-05-2012 08:25pm
doug

Its been a good day so I'm going to stay clam on this question.
Just going to say three words.

NO,NO & NO. MadMadMadMadMadMadMadMad

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
05-05-2012 11:13pm
PhilSkill

After what happened to my Mazda in Sainsburys today Mad , I will never take my Evoque in a Supermarket car park, let alone pay to have a load of dirty water scraped all over it,

Might be an idea to find a mobile valeter.
I saw a guy the other day in the supermarket cleaning the roof of an X5 by standing on the tyres leaning across the car to reach. Doubt that was doing the paintwork any good...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2012 11:50pm by PhilSkill.)
05-05-2012 11:46pm
The Valeter

(05-05-2012 08:11pm)paul_s Wrote:  Sorry if this is on here somewhere already, did search but couldn't see.

Has anyone used supermarket valet people that are in the car park of large supermarkets? and what did you think if you have? I don't want the inside of the car done just the outside washed, i can't wash the car at home because of the location of my house i cant get close enough due to a large green in front of me that is fenced.
Any thought, would i be best to avoid the supermarket valet?

As a Valeter (Mobile) myself I could be biased in the answer but Use these sort of places at your own risk. If you have any interest at all in your car you will steer clear.
These places are for Mondeo Man etc & those on low incomes or have no interest in their cars - Simples..........!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 01:09am by The Valeter.)
06-05-2012 01:08am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
caroline11000

(06-05-2012 01:08am)The Valeter Wrote:  As a Valeter (Mobile) myself I could be biased in the answer but Use these sort of places at your own risk. If you have any interest at all in your car you will steer clear.
These places are for Mondeo Man etc & those on low incomes or have no interest in their cars - Simples..........!
Rolling with Laughter

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
06-05-2012 07:46am
Griff449

I've watched them use coca cola to clean the alloys on someone's car once say no more......... Shocking they are allowed to operate at all!
(05-05-2012 11:46pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  After what happened to my Mazda in Sainsburys today Mad , I will never take my Evoque in a Supermarket car park, let alone pay to have a load of dirty water scraped all over it,

Might be an idea to find a mobile valeter.
I saw a guy the other day in the supermarket cleaning the roof of an X5 by standing on the tyres leaning across the car to reach. Doubt that was doing the paintwork any good...

What happened to the Mazda then? Question

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 09:33pm by Griff449.)
06-05-2012 09:32pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paul_s

Thanks guys i will avoid!
06-05-2012 09:42pm
PhilSkill

(06-05-2012 09:32pm)Griff449 Wrote:  What happened to the Mazda then? Question

Having cleaned it (with grey water) got it looking nice, I nip over sainsburys, in for 5 minutes to come out and find someone has scraped along the back bumper leaving tons of thier paint on mine but pulling a load of mine off too Mad just drove off, no note or anything, blxxdy minded inconsiderate arxehole! Think they have the right to just damage peoples property and not care or take responsibility.

Only consolation is to keep telling myself, thats why I kept it rather than trade it for sod all, to save the Evoque from these incompetents.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
06-05-2012 11:56pm