Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Supaguard!
BTS18

RE: Supaguard!

(08-04-2012 10:16am)Mudi1 Wrote:  I was offered the Autoglym option from the dealer for about £500, I thought this was a bit steep, especially for a 6 months last. It does however offer a lifetime cover for the paint finish to stay true, providing you keep up the maintenance with the kit they provide. Is this a worth while option Valeter? You of all would know.

I was offered the same (Autoglym) from my dealers at £399, and I thought that was too much. I have opted for a private detailer to prep the new car using Gtechnic products at £330. IMHO a better product at a cheaper price.

5dr Prestige SD4 Auto, Style 5 Wheels, Orkney Grey, Element Interior, Cirrus Headliner, Lux pk, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Spare Wheel.

Ordered: 07/02/12. Build Date: 21/04/12. Delivered: 27/04/12
08-04-2012 10:58am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

(08-04-2012 10:16am)Mudi1 Wrote:  I was offered the Autoglym option from the dealer for about £500, I thought this was a bit steep, especially for a 6 months last. It does however offer a lifetime cover for the paint finish to stay true, providing you keep up the maintenance with the kit they provide. Is this a worth while option Valeter? You of all would know.

Ps: I have an MGF 11years old, used daily, BR Green metallic paint, still, I am told by others, looks like a brand new car using Murs/Murwax? The car does have a good finish after application and I do use it after every wash.

I agree it is a worthwhile product to have applied as is Diamondbrite etc & never said oterwise, it is just dependant on who & how it is applied.
£500 is OTT. I charge £345 for Lifeshine & £295 for Diamondbrite on new vehicles of 4x4 size.

BTW it is Lifetime as long as you own the car as in non transferable.
(08-04-2012 10:58am)BTS18 Wrote:  I was offered the same (Autoglym) from my dealers at £399, and I thought that was too much. I have opted for a private detailer to prep the new car using Gtechnic products at £330. IMHO a better product at a cheaper price.

What exactly does the Gtecnic pack offer if indeed it is a specific pack or is it a selection of products? Does it have a warranty?

I personally can't see any point in applying products etc to dash plastics etc as over time in sunlight etc they allways fade or go blotchy unless some of these products have some fantastic forse field I am unaware of. I have never applied anything to my dashboards on any new car I have had in the last 10 years or so, all I do is wipe with a leather & vacuum with detail brushes - they still look just as they did when new!
Leather does not need treating until it is one year old.
And a wax with carnuba content is much the same as any brand of wax with carnuba.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2012 01:35pm by The Valeter.)
08-04-2012 01:29pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
finestdetail

(08-04-2012 01:29pm)The Valeter Wrote:  I agree it is a worthwhile product to have applied as is Diamondbrite etc & never said oterwise, it is just dependant on who & how it is applied.
£500 is OTT. I charge £345 for Lifeshine & £295 for Diamondbrite on new vehicles of 4x4 size.

BTW it is Lifetime as long as you own the car as in non transferable.

What exactly does the Gtecnic pack offer if indeed it is a specific pack or is it a selection of products? Does it have a warranty?

I personally can't see any point in applying products etc to dash plastics etc as over time in sunlight etc they allways fade or go blotchy unless some of these products have some fantastic forse field I am unaware of. I have never applied anything to my dashboards on any new car I have had in the last 10 years or so, all I do is wipe with a leather & vacuum with detail brushes - they still look just as they did when new!
Leather does not need treating until it is one year old.
And a wax with carnuba content is much the same as any brand of wax with carnuba.

Hi guys, like what's been said supaguard is old technology that works and leaves a good finish for months after application, however dealers don't have the time to prep even a new cars paint properly before applying the sealant, if they did it would probably prolong the products shelf life for a little longer. New products like gtechniq offer brand new technology that has been tested in all senarios against products like supaguard and life shine to compare. In all tests it massively out performed them all, rather than being a wax or sealant that break down over a period of time it is classed as a hydrophobic coating, or quartz composite lacquer that bonds chemically to the clean painted surface, forming a layer harder than paint. This helps prevent from minor surface scratches or 'swirls' and making the far easier to maintain in the long run, without re-application.

Normally in the gtechniq tsp new car details it includes paint, wheels, glass, fabric and leather coatings. It comes backed by a 5 year warranty on new cars but only when applied by a gtechniq accredited detailer.

Theres some great videos on YouTube demonstrating gtechniq smart fabric coating and the other coatings from the range for you to see how they perform.
08-04-2012 06:15pm
BTS18

Hi 'The Valeter', The above post pretty much sums up what I understand about Gtechnic. I am having the work done at the dealers by an accredited Gtechnic detailer.

I wanted an independant expert to check out the bodywork and paint before I go to pick the car up. The car will be preped by someone who cares about their work, and protected by a good quality product. As I'm getting a very light leather (Element) and needed to have the leather properly potected from transfer stains and marks.

5dr Prestige SD4 Auto, Style 5 Wheels, Orkney Grey, Element Interior, Cirrus Headliner, Lux pk, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Spare Wheel.

Ordered: 07/02/12. Build Date: 21/04/12. Delivered: 27/04/12
08-04-2012 06:38pm
broady43

Is it ok to wax on top of Supaguard?

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
08-04-2012 08:49pm
Donny Dog

(08-04-2012 08:49pm)broady43 Wrote:  Is it ok to wax on top of Supaguard?

Yes.
08-04-2012 09:09pm
broady43

Thumbs Up
(08-04-2012 09:09pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  Yes.

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
08-04-2012 09:44pm
The Valeter

(08-04-2012 09:44pm)broady43 Wrote:  Thumbs Up

Thank you Finestdetail for giving a thorough answer to my question. I will now make enquiries regarding this product & hopefully stock it once I have tried it on my own car first!! I had no idea there was a warranty.
(08-04-2012 08:49pm)broady43 Wrote:  Is it ok to wax on top of Supaguard?

I would polish it first with a cutting polish like AG - SRP as too much wax on wax will eventually have a dulling effect. SRP or similar will cleanse the paint first & leave a better base.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2012 10:11am by The Valeter.)
09-04-2012 10:08am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
finestdetail

Absolutely no problem it's always good to answer questions rather than just taking the advise! It's well worth stocking as the whole range is fantastic, I have been detailing for over 5 years now and have never wanted to get involved in a product range before and have an accredited status title, but the way these products work and perform is truly amazing and I love working with them! If anyone has any questions or advice on what products to buy to keep up your cars appearance just drop me a pm!
09-04-2012 12:25pm
flurberman

Supaguard!

(08-04-2012 06:38pm)BTS18 Wrote:  Hi 'The Valeter', The above post pretty much sums up what I understand about Gtechnic. I am having the work done at the dealers by an accredited Gtechnic detailer.

I wanted an independant expert to check out the bodywork and paint before I go to pick the car up. The car will be preped by someone who cares about their work, and protected by a good quality product. As I'm getting a very light leather (Element) and needed to have the leather properly potected from transfer stains and marks.

I'm due to pick up my car in June and this is something I would be interested in. Can anyone recommend someone who covers the Northampton area. PM me please. Thanks.

Orkney Grey, Si4 Dynamic Coupe with LUX pack, privacy glass, 20" shadow chrome wheels, heated steering wheel, adaptive xenons, TPMS & contrast panoramic roof.
09-04-2012 01:00pm