Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
For Experts Owners: Is possible to show a topographic map in the navigation system?
iat

For Experts Owners: Is possible to show a topographic map in the navigation system?

Three months ago I'm looking for information for that. I would like to show my car's position on a topopgraphic map in the auto-gps screen, like the oziexplorer. I've got some cd's of alpina company and others. I like do offroad and that I could help me to much. Do you know if that possible? Do you know what is the format I need it? Is The Navigation System capable to read and save more than one cd map in its memory? Someone knows something about this?

Thank You from Spain in advance.
iat
I did contact with the navteq company and they tell me that they don't have any topographic map for sale and I must contact with the firmware's company. The company than did the software for reading the cd's.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2011 01:29pm by iat.)
04-11-2011 01:18pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vision*R

RE: For Experts Owners: Is possible to show a topographic map in the navigation system?

There should be some kind of view with height indications, like this:
http://picolio.auto123.com/art-images/13...le=792x528

Maybe not fully topographic (and not 3D like Audi), but still useful for off-road?

By the way, our ordering guide in Belgium states "4x4 infocenter only available from December 2011" when explaining the satnav capabilities. Not sure what this 4x4 infocenter is, maybe this is the off-road navigation?

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2011 02:24pm by vision*R.)
04-11-2011 02:21pm
iat

RE: For Experts Owners: Is possible to show a topographic map in the navigation system?

wow ... this is what I'm looking for. Is this functionality standard with the navigation pack premium? Do someone know if you can improve the level of detail of the maps? Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the info-center 4x4? Is a new featured funtionality?

Thank you very much for all!
04-11-2011 04:19pm
Rhod

(04-11-2011 02:21pm)vision*R Wrote:  There should be some kind of view with height indications, like this:
http://picolio.auto123.com/art-images/13...le=792x528

My house is on that map. It's just down the road (well up the hill!)
05-11-2011 12:03am