Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sun Visor? ARGH!
Simon

Sun Visor? ARGH!

This may seem like a stupid complaint but the sun visor stickers (2 on the drivers side) are right in my field of vision. In an otherwise great car, these are a real annoyance and distract me (the fact that they are dayglow yellow with drawings on them doesn't help!).

As they are stuck on the fabric of the sun visors, I can't see an easy solution; however, I thought I'd ask on here.

Cheers
25-10-2011 04:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Sun Visor? ARGH!

Simon, there is a thread on this somewhere but basically no-one had a real answer.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
25-10-2011 05:26pm
DynamicRRV

I started a thread about these......I hate em!
25-10-2011 05:51pm
Token

Is it possible to buy replacements which don't have the stickers? Worth the outlay in my view!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
25-10-2011 05:56pm
Daigriff

For those that havent taken delivery yet would it be possible to ask them not to be stuck there and ask them to stick them somewhere else?

Suggestions?

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
25-10-2011 06:54pm
Simon

(25-10-2011 05:26pm)cjfp Wrote:  Simon, there is a thread on this somewhere but basically no-one had a real answer.

Thanks CJ

I did do a search but couldn't find a previous post.

There are a lot of US threads (for other cars) but the only success seems to be with plastic trimmed visors.

I know Land Rover will site legislation but I have had many other new cars and NONE have these stupid stickers.

Dumb dumb dumb when they are such a visible distraction. Just like the motorway road signs that read: NOT IN SERVICE, they are pointless and the distraction cancels any perceived benefit.

(25-10-2011 06:54pm)Daigriff Wrote:  For those that havent taken delivery yet would it be possible to ask them not to be stuck there and ask them to stick them somewhere else?

Suggestions?

They aren't dealer fit and will be supplied by the manufacturer of the part as I have described.

(25-10-2011 05:56pm)Token Wrote:  Is it possible to buy replacements which don't have the stickers? Worth the outlay in my view!

If it is, it would be money well spent BUT I doubt they have a supply of non-sticker sun visors. Will ask my dealer and see what they say.
(This post was last modified: 25-10-2011 07:05pm by Simon.)
25-10-2011 07:03pm
PhilSkill

What material are they on, and are they printed on or stuck, if stuck what type of material is the sticker?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
25-10-2011 07:25pm
Simon

(25-10-2011 07:25pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  What material are they on, and are they printed on or stuck, if stuck what type of material is the sticker?

The visors are fabric - the same the roof is covered in.

They appear to be heat sealed on - you can almost see the fabric texture through them. My guess is they are placed on the fabric and heated onto the fabric.
25-10-2011 07:35pm
PhilSkill

(25-10-2011 07:35pm)Simon Wrote:  The visors are fabric - the same the roof is covered in.

They appear to be heat sealed on - you can almost see the fabric texture through them. My guess is they are placed on the fabric and heated onto the fabric.

I'd be tempted to try a cotton wool bud with a tiny amount of a few solutions starting with Meths maybe white spirits then brake cleaner very very carefully on the label to see if it will lift, other option is a hairdryer to heat it again... but need to be very careful, a solution could smudge it everywhere or leave a sticky patch! And wear surgical gloves. All at your own risk of course!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
25-10-2011 09:50pm
DynamicRRV

F--k that!
25-10-2011 10:47pm