Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stratstone Newcastle - wtf!
Wicksy

Stratstone Newcastle - wtf!

Being a former Lexus owner I may have been spoilt in the past by top notch customer service, but Stratstone Newcastle must get the prize for the worst ever customer care.

I booked the Evoque in for its first service and also to have the dreaded tailgate rattle resolved.

Guy picked the car up from my home at 9am and returned two hours later to inform my wife that the rattle "disappeared" without them doing anything but if it was to return I could book it back in for them to have "another go".

As well as this he also apologised for the interior not being valeted because "no one was there to carry that part out".

Now I must admit that this was New Year's Eve but I did expect them to at least have spent a little time on sorting out the rattle but they obviously couldn't be arsed.

This resulted in me leaving a very poor feedback score to head office which in turn led to the Service Manager ringing me and asking if he could "put things right" because he was so angry at the service that I'd received.

I then agreed to meet him at my place of work at 7.30am last Tuesday so that he could take my car personally and also give me a chance to explain more about the offending rattle - guess what? He didn't even bother to turn up and hasn't contacted me sinceEvil

This will be my first and last Land Rover - its back to Lexus as soon as possible so far as I'm concerned.
17-01-2013 09:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: Stratstone Newcastle - wtf!

Some dealers are ruining the ownership experience, but if you like/enjoy the car would you not stick with the brand and just try a different dealer when it comes to changing time.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
17-01-2013 10:37pm
The Valeter

Contact Landrover CRC. This could be to your benefit & if they don't do anything the first time keep being a nuisance. I did when I had my Freelander & was sent a £1500 voucher to use on my next car which at that time I had no intention of buying anything but then came along the Evoque. Tongue Out

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
17-01-2013 10:49pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

They were woeful with regards to contact etc when i ordered my car, i will do anythig i can to avoid using them in future. Shame they are the only LR dealer within any sort of reasonable distance of me.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
18-01-2013 01:56pm
jdiamond

I have three dealers within 20 miles of me and so hopefully one of them will proved good service. At the moment the garage we bought from seems Ok will see what happens when it comes to servicing.

Fuji White Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe Automatic, Black Interior, Panoramic Roof, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Adaptive Headlights, All Round Cameras, Meridian 825w Surround System and......spare wheel

Ordered: 25th November 2012
Delivered: 12th January 2013
19-01-2013 02:32pm
Bayleaf

Wouldn't want to hijack your post but I would like to challenge you for the worst customer service, I pick my Pure Td4 up on Friday from Hunters Preston and if I could cancel and get from any other dealer then I would. Contact = nil, get call for delivery only for it to be for the wrong customer, same surname different christian name! Actually worried that the car i pick up wont even be right. Certainly spoiling the pleasure of buying a new car, hope ownership is better experience.

Maybe we should start an award for worst customer service like the old Top Gear surveys.
21-01-2013 09:17pm
MarkLondon

It must be gutting to have a bad dealer experience during the order/delivery process. I know from previous purchases (not just JLR) that it gets you off to a bad start with the car.
Just be reassured that the Evoke is a great vehicle and you shouldn’t regret buying one. There are also some superb dealers out there, including the one I got mine from.

Arrived Jan 2013 from Hadley Green Arrow Prestige SD4 Manual, Fuji White, Pan Roof, Cirrus/Lunar, Aluminium, Ivory Headliner, A/D, Privacy, Lux Pack, Xenons etc
(This post was last modified: 21-01-2013 09:37pm by MarkLondon.)
21-01-2013 09:35pm