Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just got a random email from stratstone
ED209

Just got a random email from stratstone

Dont think its personally directed at me but more a marketing ploy. Thing is it mentions recent inclement weather? When was this then? how did i miss it??

This is the email-

Dear Mr Jackson,

Following on what has proved to be yet another record year for Land Rover, worldwide demand for their product is continuing to potentially climb above the current rate of production.

Now, to address this fantastic problem to have, Land Rover are working extended shifts and have over the last few months undertaken a recruitment drive to employ 1000’s more engineers and general workers, this will not only ease the pressure on an already full capacity workforce, as every Land Rover vehicle is currently produced in the UK either at Halewood (Freelander and Evoque) or at Solihull (Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, Discovery and Defender) this will also clearly provide much needed manufacturing jobs in UK.

As a consequence of this incredible success, customers are now learning that is becoming more important than ever to give enough time for their dealer to order their new car to be built factory fresh, rather than leave it till the last minute and ending up disappointed and potentially without the car they wanted.

Following the recent inclement weather, demand in the UK has increased even further, therefore our best advice is simple, speak to your local Stratstone dealer today and they will advise you on the latest build times for each vehicle in the range, as potentially, you could be several months away from placing your order to finally picking it up from the showroom.

Please call into your Stratstone dealer today for more information or see below for details of our current exclusive finance offers.

Your sincerely

Greg Cottrell
Dealer Principal
13-01-2012 04:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Just got a random email from stratstone

Not very clever marketing to try and sell a new car to somebody who has either got one on order from them or has actually taken delivery recently.......................... and is probably not in the market to buy another new car in the next few months before the "inclement weather" ends and then it's too late to use the vehicle's superior perfomance in said inclement weather!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-01-2012 07:46pm
GinaS

[quote='ED209' pid='33812' dateline='1326469629']
I got the same email this afternoon too - maybe we're on the Stratstone Newcastle mailing list.....
13-01-2012 09:44pm
ED209

(13-01-2012 09:44pm)GinaS Wrote:  [quote='ED209' pid='33812' dateline='1326469629']
I got the same email this afternoon too - maybe we're on the Stratstone Newcastle mailing list.....

Indeed, rather insensitive of them to send it to me though seeing as i am already in my 7th month of waiting.

Maybe it was designed to annoy me further?
13-01-2012 10:15pm