Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Strange sound, to dealer or not to dealer, thats the question?
sasdiscos

Strange sound, to dealer or not to dealer, thats the question?

Had the car a few months now, apart from road noise from the tyres the car its self is silent, not a single creak, groan or murmur.

Until now..... something is loose in the head lining. Best way i can describe it is when cornering it sounds like a heavy book sliding from side to side across the entire width of the headlining.

Could this be a module come loose i wonder???

Thing is, its under extended lr approved warranty, would this be covered and would the chimps destroy everything and make it worse by ripping out the headlining to investigate? How does approved used work? Do they do the work and then say, actually thats not covered its gonna cost ££££.

I hear they have to take the windscreen out to remove the lining, worried when it goes back together i will have ill fitting pillar trims and potentially more noise.

Also on a side note, both front door rubber seals seem to drop away from the top of the doors, very annoying, should i put a dab of silicone on them of is this an issue lr should solve.

Other than this, cars been perfect.

Many thanks.

Steve
02-11-2016 09:10am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Strange sound, to dealer or not to dealer, thats the question?

Hi Steve

Does sound like something has come loose, Dealer had my headlining out to cure a rattle and I was very pleased with the result, but guess that all depends who is doing it.

They should never do work requiring you to pay without your agreement first, best thing is to talk with the dealer as its LR approved Warranty it should be in their understanding, so they should be able to explain how it will happen up front.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
02-11-2016 11:49am
sasdiscos

Ok cheers Phil, ill drop in and see what they say.

Steve
02-11-2016 08:06pm
sasdiscos

Well, I've booked it in, got to wait a month as they are so busy, no bother, they can't say either way if its chargeable or not, i thought this a tad strange. Im not sure to go ahead. If its chargeable id rather investigate my self first.

Cant work out how to get the light console out without damaging it tho.

Steve
16-11-2016 09:20am
sasdiscos

Just and update, i forgot, car went in and all was sorted under extended warranty.

Very helpful at northampton i must say, not how i remember them at all. Thats twice in now and all good.

They found a slab of sound deadening had come detached from the roof, thats what was sliding around.

Steve
22-01-2017 10:15am
PhilSkill

Good news Steve, glad it's all sorted.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
22-01-2017 05:59pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Did they have to take the front screen out to drop the headliner? I was told that not only would the front screen in my last one have to come out, so would the Pano roof to cure a loose wire on the header rail above the front windscreen Ad the car was only 9 months old I said I would just live with it as taking both the roof and the screen out if not done well can twist the body.............. as both contribute a lot to the rigidity of the body shell. Sold the car at 12 months old as it became so unreliable, became some-one else's problem.......

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-01-2017 08:00pm
sasdiscos

Apparently not, (well they didn't say so) i do now have a very quit noise i didn't have before but its not coming apart again just for that. I don't have the pano roof.

So far so good with this one, don't want to jinx it but this is the most reliable range rover/landrover I've had to date.

Steve
23-01-2017 01:49pm
PhilSkill

Funnily enough I though I had suddenly got a rattle in my Headlining after 5 years! (Had the headlining fix applied many years ago), it was really getting to me, until I found it was something rattling in the Cup holder tray, but the noise was reflecting off the headlining right next to my ear convincing me it was in the headlining.

23-01-2017 01:56pm