Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Strange Noise.
Evo-king

RE: Strange Noise.

As the OP, just to say I have not heard this noise since.

It was a loud bang like I'd run over something, more plastic sounding, which makes me think it was fuel tank related, guessing of course.

I also always have a noise which occurs at the same point each time I start the car, it is about 75 yrs form the house, it comes from the rear and I'm convinced it is EPB related because it sounds like something releasing.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
24-04-2013 08:43pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
barbarad

(24-04-2013 08:43pm)Evo-king Wrote:  As the OP, just to say I have not heard this noise since.

It was a loud bang like I'd run over something, more plastic sounding, which makes me think it was fuel tank related, guessing of course.

I also always have a noise which occurs at the same point each time I start the car, it is about 75 yrs form the house, it comes from the rear and I'm convinced it is EPB related because it sounds like something releasing.

Is problems sound similar to mine, reverse out of drive and hear almighty strange noise... Only occurs when going from reverse to first. This occurred on my previous evoque also, previously occurred when the service manager drove my car, he thought it was like the handbrake was sticking out, reprogrammed but problem still occurred. It's very intermittent, but occurs on my new 2013 model also.

Any help suggestions, sounds like I am not the only one with this problem afterall

Very Happy Fuji White Coupe SD4 * Panoramic Roof, Ebony Lining, Parking Aid Front, Privacy Glass, Puddle Lamps, Front Fog Lamps, Mat, Flaps, Treadplates.Arrow
24-04-2013 09:30pm
savvi1

I too have experienced a similar noise, intermittent, after reversing then moving off in first gear. Car drives well otherwise!!!
27-04-2013 07:33pm
PhilSkill

I just had this again, driven for 200miles yesterday faultlessly, and pulled up in my drive, then decided to re-park, so reversed ok, then when I pulled forward slowly, the car lurched to almost stop and made the noise, I then braked from being startled and thought I'd run over something, even though I'd just been in that position previously, the person outside the car heard nothing and nothing anywhere on my drive to hit. I decided it was most likely the left front or left rear brake slightly engaged causing that creaking noise as the disc passes through the brake pads slowly.

Its obviously not a vehicle fault, but some software/hydraulic/mechanical hiccup with the design, and think we need to report this to LR as nothing dealers will be able to do given it's happened to me 3 times in 18 months, but it's quite agonizing when it happens and the startling effect could lead to an accident if you went to pull off from some lights and suddenly broke and stopped as you heard this noise the guy behind could go into the back of you.

Otherwise 600 miles done over the bank holiday, not a scrap of traffic! and a faultless drive otherwise... 41.3 mpg!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
07-05-2013 09:04pm
EpicEvo

Strange Noise.

I also have this problem. Doesn't sound to healthy to be honest. Is it ever worth talking to the dealer about it? As they seem to just deny any problems with anything lol
07-05-2013 09:06pm
madmacruning

i have had my manual evoque now for just over 2 months and took the car back just after 1 week with the noise like other have mentioned it is intermittent and only ever happens after it has been parked and when i reverse out of a parking spot and then move off in a forward direction i then get the crunch sound if it comes from the either of the front wheels the front of the vehicle dips and the car slows down and the pick up again. it seems to me that the brake is being applied as im moving off, this can come from any wheel. i have had my car in now 2 times and still they cannot find a fault but on another forum a guy in norway had the same problem which has been in for repair. even LR UK say they dont know of any issues. will post details as and when i get them of the guy in norway

by the way my evoque is a 4 wheel drive manual on a 13 plate

sometime i dont get the noise for days and the i get about six in 2 days i have to try and record it for LR UK
otherwise they can have the car back if its not recified
05-06-2013 09:44pm
SINGHY

I too have experienced this issue about 5 times since I took delivery. Has happened after its been parked, you set off and hear a crunching sound as if you've driven over something and feel a vibration. If anybody's dealer manages to identify and resolve it please let us know.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
05-06-2013 10:21pm
RRSteve

It's not the auto brake flicking on going from reverse to drive?
06-06-2013 10:23am
madmacruning

i have been emailing who has the same problem in norway has been in and had work carried out to rectify the proplem ( awaiting details from him) in a nut shell The valve fitted is a one way solenoid and there is a Land Rover fix to replace it with a 2 way solenoid. a guy in Gloucester is waiting for his car to be done. all this info is sourced from the evoque owners club forum
28-06-2013 09:54am