Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Storing summer tyres
ytshome

Storing summer tyres

Hi there. I've just put some winter alloys and tyres on my evoque and just wondered if my summer tyres should be stored at normal inflation settings. Any advice from the knowledgeable would be appreciated. Cheers YT

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
10-11-2011 11:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Storing summer tyres

Hi YT, Wouldnt say I was knowledgeable but did some research and my conclusion was at normal pressure to keep thier shape, and rotate them each month to avoid any flattening of areas under load while stored, didnt seem to matter if stacked or upright, must be out of direct sunlight.

Another good tip was clean the alloys thoroughly before storing as any road salt will eat the surface of your alloys, even wax them.

What winter tyre make and type did you get? How much?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2011 12:42am by PhilSkill.)
11-11-2011 12:24am
mark_n

RE: Storing summer tyres

Not sure you need to rotate then while off the car, the load on the tyre is not significant but I agree they should be stored at normal pressure.

Good recommendation to give the wheels a good clean, not just the parts you can see but the back of the wheel as well.

It would be interesting to know what rims and tyres you have on the original wheels and what on the winter set. How much did it cost?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
11-11-2011 05:32am