Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stored CDs - Gracenote DB
Donny Dog

RE: Stored CDs - Gracenote DB

(01-01-2012 11:33am)QueJumper Wrote:  It was an original CD. From what I've found so far it appears that the Gracenote DB is loaded onto the HDD at build so if your CD is produced after the date of the database it's not going to be in there!

Next question is to find out if LR produce DB updates.

I've managed to upload two CDs (30 to 40 minutes each!). However, in reply, I don't know how long 'Gracenote' has been going (indeed, I don't really know what it is!) but these two CDs are ancient (must have been bought when the medium was still newish), but all the titles and information come up on the screen.
17-03-2012 07:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LDT

When playing a CD in the car, I get no title, artist name, etc. It is an original CD bought from Tesco. Not a problem, but wonder if there is an issue with the CD player. Can anyone help please?

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
10-04-2012 02:05pm
drdom

Hi all
Had my car for about 4 days now, finally got round to ripping some CDs onto the HDD. first played fine with all track details etc, the second 2 are much newer CDs, released about 2yrs ago and it can't find the track info.
2 questions - does anyone know how to get it refresh/ update the grace note database - I'm not hopeful having read thought a few topics.
Alternatively is there a way to manually input the data, as on iTunes/ any other computer media??

Thanks

5 door Pure SD4, Baltic Blue,Tech Pack, rear camera, Front fogs, pano roof, folding mirrors
Estimated build May '12
02-06-2012 09:46am