Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stokke xplory stroller
LC

Stokke xplory stroller

Hi there
I'm expecting a new baby and a new baby rr too - both next month, anyone's guess which turns up first!
I want to buy a stokke xplory stroller/pushchair for the baby but I'm anxious as to how well it will fit in the boot of the baby rr (5 door). I'm just posting on the off chance someone on here already has this pushchair/ car combo and can reassure me as to fitting it in the back - or even better, post a photo of it stowed in boot.
Very grateful for your help
LC
PS Many thanks to previous posters on subject of baby car seats, I followed your advice and the maxi-cosi and familyfix are being delivered today...
11-04-2012 09:13am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Token

RE: Stokke xplory stroller

I don't have one I'm afraid but having made the mistakes with my first child in terms of buying the biggest, best, most comfortable push chairs and prams...I soon changed with the second child. They genuinly don't care if they are in a £200 plush stroller with cup holders...or a £25 cheapo. I would go cheapo all the time, much smaller, much more convenient in all situations...no downside other than image and ego. Any kind of luxury stroller will fill the boot of the Evoque. And bear in mind that you will at some point likely to also squeeze in a travel cot, a baby bag, an overnight bag etc etc...

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
11-04-2012 09:24am
Kimv

I'm sure it will fit. But when your baby will be 6 months old, there will be more light, compact and convenient options I think. Our daughter is 6 months now and the stroller set is just too bulky. We're looking to buy a Maclaren Triumph now.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
11-04-2012 09:46am
GibEvoque

If you have the maxi cosi, i would highly recommend the bugaboo, as you can use adapters to use the car seat on the buggy. The frame also fits nicely in the boot. Its also a very good buggy day to day.
(11-04-2012 09:46am)Kimv Wrote:  I'm sure it will fit. But when your baby will be 6 months old, there will be more light, compact and convenient options I think. Our daughter is 6 months now and the stroller set is just too bulky. We're looking to buy a Maclaren Triumph now.

We have the Maclaren triumph and its a right bugger to get in as its quite long when folded down Sad, it just manages to fit if using the golf bag indent, but it marks up the boot quite badly. Look for something a little more lightweight and slightly shorter when folded.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2012 10:06am by GibEvoque.)
11-04-2012 10:03am
Kimv

Great info! I'll look around for a smaller one!

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
11-04-2012 12:14pm
Big Dave

Hi,

I can confirm that the Xplory will fits in the boot without an issue. I can also confirm that my wife swears by the Xplory and wouldn't consider using another alternative.

I'll do my best to grab a picture next time it's in the boot, we use the Stokke Car Seat but also carry the standard seat in the boot with the chassis. This way we get the choice of just clipping on the car seat if our child is asleep or transferring to the seat if he's up and about.

I'm yet to find an Xplory owner who has actually changed over to a cheaper, lighter, or smaller stroller.

2.0 Si4 Dynamic 5Dr Auto, Fuji White, Lux Pack, Dynamic Plus Pack, 20" Chrome Shadow Alloys, etc etc etc
13-04-2012 05:22am
tidder

We have no problem getting the Xplory in our RR. The baby fits snug in the Xplory and the Xplory fits snug in the Baby Wink
19-06-2012 10:22am
Rossy100

Stokke xplory stroller

I can tell you that Fitting in a double maclaren (twin techno) is not the easiest...... It will go in, but only at a specific angle, and with a bit of pushing and squeezing!
19-06-2012 10:57am