Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Steering wheel multimedia function button
gw76

Can you only skip a track with the forward button on steering wheel and not fast forward a bit within a track like you can with the touchscreen on the monitor ? Thought I got it to work once, but havent been able to replicate, so maybe not.
30-12-2011 12:36am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Big Dave

I'll have to go and check but I'm pretty sure I've fast forward through a track by holding the skip forward button down.

2.0 Si4 Dynamic 5Dr Auto, Fuji White, Lux Pack, Dynamic Plus Pack, 20" Chrome Shadow Alloys, etc etc etc
30-12-2011 08:44am
PhilSkill

RE: Steering wheel multimedia function button

Only used it to skip tracks, never trid holding to FFwd, have to try that, maybe depends on the source media if it can scan forwards...?

Has anyone noticed when pressing the steering wheel button Volume down it's easy to hit the skip back (left) button too, if you press too near the bottom left corner, done that a couple of times now, mildly irritating until I get used to it, old car has seperate buttons.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
30-12-2011 12:29pm
WB
WB

Just noticed exactly the same thing - cant seem to ff or rew just skip tracks on the steering wheel
30-12-2011 04:55pm
cjfp

Just checked on mine - screen icons allow both (track ffwd and track skip) but steering wheel button does seem to only allow track skip - strange but may be a safety angle, concentrate on driving rather than ffwd through a track!?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
30-12-2011 05:02pm
gw76

Surely thats less safe, reaching over trying to fast forward on the ever delaying touchscreen panel rather than the equally delayed response steering wheel button
31-12-2011 01:40pm
cjfp

@gw76 - silly me, it was in my brain that people wouldn't reach across to the screen to ffwd/rew within a track due to the danger!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 31-12-2011 01:55pm by cjfp.)
31-12-2011 01:54pm