Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Steering Wheel volume control issues?
Davidcwillmott

Steering Wheel volume control issues?

Hi there,

The wiring loom has changed between model years for the steering wheel and now has an additional connection. The left hand switch pack also has the same connection and is actually present on both non-heated and heated steering wheels. I learnt this this hard way by replacing each part and it wasn’t until I had them all in front of me and took them apart that I was able to establish the difference. The connection appears as a (black) fourth wire adjacent to the three connections (blue, white and yellow) for the heated loom on the larger board within the volume switch pack. Realistically you will need to replace both parts which is nearer to the £200 mark. On the plus side, it has worked flawlessly since. I have the empty boxes for both these products at home so could easily find product numbers if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
14-07-2017 02:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Paul Grainger

RE: Steering Wheel volume control issues?

Thanks for your reply. Part numbers would be great...... if your car is a similar model to mine (registered June 2014, prestige lux) and would therefore use he same part numbers.
I've done more testing today and the problem is when the lights are on, not when the engine is running. It appears to be the same problem that appears on other people's Evoques.
I dismantled the switches (original and replacement) to see if I could make a hybrid using the original upper section and the lower section including the heater switch, but it's a single board and the one with the heater switch has quite a few more components.
As much info as possible would be massively appreciated!
Again, thanks for replying!!
Paul G
14-07-2017 07:13pm
Paul Grainger

Parts all ordered! Thanks for the PMs David Willmott!!!
17-07-2017 06:45pm
PhiliusM

My car has issues with the left hand media control buttons. On initial startup only the "-" to turn down the audio works, except that it turns it up.

I press the voice recognition button and that works as it should and hey presto all the left hand media control buttons work perfectly.

I have to try and explain that to the dealer who is proposing to use some sort of grease on the contactsSmile I suppose it might be some sort of weird contact issue.
09-08-2017 12:35pm