Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Steering Wheel Issues after Software Update!!
gabhishekanand

Steering Wheel Issues after Software Update!!

After being updated to the latest software version at the dealer last week. The steering wheel still has issues. I have a 2012 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic.

1. While playing ipod or radio, going to the next song or station works sometimes and does not some other times.
2. Same with the mode button.
3. Major problem is a big time delay from the time I press the next button on the steering wheel to the song actually changing after 4 to 5 seconds. Is this the case with everyone else?

Please advise.
30-04-2013 02:06am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Madam Fuji

RE: Steering Wheel Issues after Software Update!!

(30-04-2013 02:06am)gabhishekanand Wrote:  After being updated to the latest software version at the dealer last week. The steering wheel still has issues. I have a 2012 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic.

1. While playing ipod or radio, going to the next song or station works sometimes and does not some other times.
3. Major problem is a big time delay from the time I press the next button on the steering wheel to the song actually changing after 4 to 5 seconds. Is this the case with everyone else?

Please advise.

Hi. I currently have a 13 FL 2 HSE Lux with the full Meridian system. I always use Bluetooth with my iPhone music, and it works perfectly. Please don't tell me that I'm changing horses midstream to not have this:0((
30-04-2013 02:51am
Squidly73

Hoho. Bad news, i hope it s not linked to software update

Evoque sd4 coupé dynamic auto. , black Sumatra, indus silver roof, coldmate pack,
panoramic cameras, black strata, ebony leather.
https://www.facebook.com/ForumPassionRangeRoverEvoque
30-04-2013 06:11am
Amadeus

(30-04-2013 02:06am)gabhishekanand Wrote:  After being updated to the latest software version at the dealer last week. The steering wheel still has issues. I have a 2012 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic.

Please advise.

I have a bit of delay (maybe 2 seconds) for music changes via the steering wheel buttons. Believe it to be normal.

eD4 Pure Fuji Coupe | Tech Pack | Pano Roof | Cirrus Leather | Powerfold Mirrors | Xenons | 19" Style 3s | arr 5Apr13
30-04-2013 06:21am
WB
WB

there is definitely an issue on some cars with the steering wheel buttons on the left. My car doesn't have the problem but I've driven two other evoques that did so its either a software or hardware issue.

Does your voice (Say what you see) button work correctly?

Time for a visit to your dealer I think...
30-04-2013 09:01am
speary

I have an issue with the buttons just not working at all sometimes. This inclused the phone buttons as well. At my last service I mentioned this and they said that the button module had been replaced which is strange as I still occasionally get the fault. Not a happy bunny Crying

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
30-04-2013 12:44pm
WB
WB

(30-04-2013 12:44pm)speary Wrote:  I have an issue with the buttons just not working at all sometimes. This inclused the phone buttons as well. At my last service I mentioned this and they said that the button module had been replaced which is strange as I still occasionally get the fault. Not a happy bunny Crying

Its definitely an issue but it may well be the software - its not clear. Try PM'ing Liam from LR CS to see if he can get to the bottom of it.
30-04-2013 02:50pm
scrannel

On TOPIx my 2013 is listed as needing "Q228 - FCDIM UPDATE AND BT POP UP".

I run my iPod through USB and do get a bit of delay switching songs. No delay on CD or CD/HD. Not sure what Q228 is. Will ask dealer.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
30-04-2013 03:28pm
gabhishekanand

(30-04-2013 02:50pm)WB Wrote:  Its definitely an issue but it may well be the software - its not clear. Try PM'ing Liam from LR CS to see if he can get to the bottom of it.

Unable to PM Liam Crying . Says I am at an unauthorized page
30-04-2013 04:04pm
cjfp

(30-04-2013 04:04pm)gabhishekanand Wrote:  Unable to PM Liam Crying . Says I am at an unauthorized page

you need to make at least 5 posts before you can set up PM facility

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
30-04-2013 06:11pm