Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Canary Wharf Motorexpo
abcya

Canary Wharf Motorexpo

It's that time of year when Canary Wharf (East London) puts on a free motor show. Last year they had 6 Evoques so was a useful chance for many to see them for the first time. This year they've got a few again, sadly no 'special' Evoques, but LR do have about 30 vehicles there so good for Land Rover fans to see everything from 1950s army trucks, through to a santorini black Defender 60-year edition and a new Sport Autobiography edition in Firenze red (somehow the colour's not quite as good on my Evoque Wink ) There's also the usual chance to drive one of their cars (Discovery when I walked past) over one of their metal hill pod things. A company called JE Engineering have a modified Evoque they've called a Dakar with the engine tuned and some orange trim and new body kit (but not the proper rally one in magazines this week) plus a tuned-up Defender that sounded great.

Other cars there include the new Merc A class (now looks like any other compact hatchback IMHO), McLaren's MP4 12C & F1 car, the Ferrari FF, a new model? Lambourgini and an aftermarket modified Audi R8 costing something like £250k IIRC!
Tips:
If you can go, it's better during the week as you can sit in almost all the cars. At the weekend most of the luxury ones are locked as there are more kids about. Test drives of some cars are available but best to book in advance I hear (search the subject above). The luxury cars are in the lobby of 1 Canada Square tower, the Lotus and other electric cars are in Cabot Square and the LR stuff is across Jubilee Park and beyond.

Firenze red Dynamic 5-door with Verve interior and pano roof
13-06-2012 09:01pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
abcya

RE: Canary Wharf Motorexpo

This year's expo is next week.

According to the Canary Wharf magazine, it'll see the first UK appearance of the new Range Rover Sport.

Firenze red Dynamic 5-door with Verve interior and pano roof
04-06-2013 10:42pm
WB
WB

(04-06-2013 10:42pm)abcya Wrote:  This year's expo is next week.

According to the Canary Wharf magazine, it'll see the first UK appearance of the new Range Rover Sport.

First public appearance - They've been holding invite only events since 15th May and I'm supposed to be going to one in London at the hurlingham club tomorrow if I have time and if not they're doing another one 12-13th June at Canary Wharf
05-06-2013 09:52am
Evo-king

I'm pretty sure I saw over half a dozen RRS in convoy today coming out of Cheltenham.

Number plates in the windscreen, obviously some special event for the chosen few.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
05-06-2013 09:21pm