Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stealers / PX
Good shot

RE: Stealers / PX

(15-07-2016 12:42pm)durham Wrote:  Good shot, I tried Carwow, best discount was £500, worst discount was £5................I didn't bother!

Yes. Superficially Carwow looks interesting but when you delve into the detail the deals don't look too great.

Just been chatting to the stealer today. £21k was the finance settlement figure and they offered £23.5k trade in. Auto-trader range for equivalent is £26-30k. They also offered a £1200 discount on a SE + options package of £41.16k. Thinking about it.

Delivery Sept/Oct.

Another surprise was that Smartguard now costs £599 and is guaranteed for 4 years. Sure when I've had on different cars it was more like £200. Cheaper to go to a professional detailer.

Had a look at a Volvo C90 hybrid - delivery Feb 2017!

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
(This post was last modified: 15-07-2016 03:35pm by Good shot.)
15-07-2016 03:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pete

Apparently, there's different levels of Smartguard. I had it with my Evoque when I bought it, only to find out I was supplied with the cheapest variant when I asked for the cleaning solution to go with it.

I'm not sure that the cheap treatment is any better than a decent wash/wax.

Porsche Macan
15-07-2016 04:01pm
durham

Smartguard etc is where they make a shed load of money. I settled on a 5,000 mile '65 plate SE Tech Auto with pano roof and privacy glass, bought private only last week, with no finance though, so hope to have saved some. I chose the SE Tech as it seems best value in the new line up, for our needs. Marshall at Cambridge was about £500 Carwow saving, Lancaster at Milton Keynes was the £5 saver, so get in quick!

Your trade price does sound low, would be worth knowing if this is good or bad, with comparison of other dealership(s)? I suppose off setting extras, finance package etc. only you can work out if the individual deal is a good one, but they are all there to be played off against each other. Just avoid Marshall at Halesworth, they were a 2 year nightmare with my Defender, all sorted now and a pleasure to drive, but what a shambles they are.

I just read a recommendation of a detail co yesterday (not local though, back in my native North) offering new car detail starting at £250, Im sure that will be about the starting figures, with a professional in that field.
15-07-2016 04:08pm
Good shot

I think with the Smartguard it depends on who is doing it. Pretty sure I can get a good detailer for less than £600 who would do a better job.

I am dealing with Marshalls Cambridge.

As discussed a few posts back I know I can get a better trade in with other makers dealerships.

Don't laugh but I've been seriously looking at a phev as there is such an overwhelming business case for it as a business owner I can write it off against tax in a year and bik is very low. They are looking at offering me £26-27k trade in which is much more reasonable.

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
(This post was last modified: 15-07-2016 06:56pm by Good shot.)
15-07-2016 06:55pm