Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Starter motor replacement
benzina

Starter motor replacement

Has anyone else had to replace their starter motor?

I had to replace mine a few weeks ago due to it being intermittently faulty by not starting after first or several attempts, and the only thing that is heard, is just a single click sound like the relay, but no engine turn over. With persistence it would eventually start, but the occasions in which this would happen became more and more.

After thoroughly checking my 1 year old battery and its connections for every test, in which it excelled, it was concluded that it was the starter motor at fault.

Warranty covered the cost of everything, but surely this must have just been unlucky to have to replace a starter motor after only 4 years isn't it? I don't even have the stop/start function on my early model.

So, interested to hear of anyone else that has had to replace their starter motor.

P.S. Been installed for about 1 month now and all good, plus this is the only thing i've ever had go wrong so far. Touch wood just the same.Smile

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2016 03:34am by benzina.)
02-04-2016 03:32am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Infiltrator

RE: Starter motor replacement

(02-04-2016 03:32am)benzina Wrote:  Has anyone else had to replace their starter motor?

I had to replace mine a few weeks ago due to it being intermittently faulty by not starting after first or several attempts, and the only thing that is heard, is just a single click sound like the relay, but no engine turn over. With persistence it would eventually start, but the occasions in which this would happen became more and more.

After thoroughly checking my 1 year old battery and its connections for every test, in which it excelled, it was concluded that it was the starter motor at fault.

Warranty covered the cost of everything, but surely this must have just been unlucky to have to replace a starter motor after only 4 years isn't it? I don't even have the stop/start function on my early model.

So, interested to hear of anyone else that has had to replace their starter motor.

P.S. Been installed for about 1 month now and all good, plus this is the only thing i've ever had go wrong so far. Touch wood just the same.Smile

This has just happened to my Evoque during its 4th year.
Arhhh!...hope it doesn't cost me a small fortune!
22-09-2016 02:20am
benzina

RE: Starter motor replacement

Again, after 4 years since i replaced the starter motor (see my post above 2/4/2016), it is displaying the same symptoms.
So looks like i'll be replacing it once again. Seems these stock LR Denso (made in Japan) starter motors, last about 4 years.
Anyone else changed their's? Be interested to hear from short and long term owners.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 25-01-2021 05:44am by benzina.)
24-01-2021 05:19am