Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Started snowing outside!
IKM

Started snowing outside!

First snow has arrived at home tonight....wish my Evoque had arrived. Quite heavy! Just hope the build takes place next week.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
03-12-2011 11:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

RE: Started snowing outside!

I live 1000 ft above sea level, no doubt it will snow tomorrow here. As no evoque yet i recon the vx220 will be fun in the snow!
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2011 12:01am by ED209.)
04-12-2011 12:00am
PAT

Just rain here in Edinburgh but pretty cold so I don't think the snow is that far away.

When I placed my order in August I was told to expect delivery in December which I thought was ideal given the snow last winter but nothing as bad as up your way IKM

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
04-12-2011 12:09am
IKM

(04-12-2011 12:09am)PAT Wrote:  Just rain here in Edinburgh but pretty cold so I don't think the snow is that far away.

When I placed my order in August I was told to expect delivery in December which I thought was ideal given the snow last winter but nothing as bad as up your way IKM
Planning a trip to Dundee tomorrow, but we'll see what the weather's like first. I guess that's it until March. Can't beat a land rover!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
04-12-2011 12:35am
PJ

Light covering of snow on the roads here - hardly enough to test my pirelli ice and snows yet Wink

Arrived! OG 5dr Dynamic, shadow chromes, pano roof and few other bits.
04-12-2011 05:29pm
bogstomper

Same in Edinburgh this morning - first venture out today from Edinburgh to Glasgow and back in mildly wintry weather - the car (standard 20" wheels and tyres) was surefooted and felt safe the whole way there and back - bodes well.
04-12-2011 06:20pm
bogstomper

Was in Perthshire today - quite a bit more snow although the main roads were impressively clear. Car continues to impress even on untreated back roads and even accelerating while turning in an empty car park didn't faze it. Very pleased so far.

One comment is that it seems able to empty the windscreen washer bottle in a single trip - the combined headlight and windscreen wash must work through a fair few ml, although the headlight washers are more intermittent... The windscreen washers seem set up to dispense a set amount of wash, even with just a quick flick - has anyone else experienced this?
05-12-2011 11:04pm
PhilSkill

Only used the wash once so far, but yes it dispenses a set amount.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
05-12-2011 11:44pm
gw76

Exclamation CAUTION Embarrassed
Light snow and some frost- rear windscreen wiper snapped off at plastic base. I have NEVER encountered this with any car even with heavier snow deposits (which I know theoretically you should clear first)
Was pretty annoyed having to go back to dealer for repair within 4 days of collecting car.
Examination of said part shows it to be extremely flimsy. To my surprise they had the spare part to replace. "not covered by warranty" so had to pay up. I suggested they were likely to have a number of people presenting with similar.....
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2011 06:14pm by gw76.)
06-12-2011 06:13pm
cjfp

4 days ! - I would have been arguing that one whatever they might say!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
06-12-2011 06:16pm