Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Squeaky windscreen pillar covers
Westy

Squeaky windscreen pillar covers

I am sure i have seen this on a post before but has anyone got a fix for the squeaky exterior panels on the windscreen pillars, when the sun is shining both sides creak.

I mentioned it to the service manager at my local dealer and he mentioned they had similar issues with the range rover sport in the past and they ended up bonding them down

Was there a fix that anyone is aware of ?

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
04-02-2013 11:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

RE: Squeaky windscreen pillar covers

Are you sure it's not the interior trim of the A-Pillar. Just to test, when cruizing and you hear the sqieeks, press your finger firmly against the base and see if it stops.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
05-02-2013 02:16am
Westy

RE: Squeaky windscreen pillar covers

(05-02-2013 02:16am)benzina Wrote:  Are you sure it's not the interior trim of the A-Pillar. Just to test, when cruizing and you hear the sqieeks, press your finger firmly against the base and see if it stops.

It's definitely outside, when you move them on the pillar they speak even at rest, I have seen a post somewhere on this as it drove someone else crazy too.

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
05-02-2013 10:46am