Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Squeaking seat belt assembly?
mutabor

Squeaking seat belt assembly?

Got a brand new Evoque very recently and two months in this annoying squeaking started, somewhere in the back - almost every time I go over a minor bump or manhole cover or change lane. I've removed everything from the back already - both covers (cargo space cover and floor cover), the spare tire, jack - so it's neither of those. We seem to have localized it to rear right seat belt assembly (where the belt is retracted) - it seems to come somewhere from that vicinity.

Has anyone ever hit anything like this?
28-01-2014 06:32am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speary

RE: Squeaking seat belt assembly?

(28-01-2014 06:32am)mutabor Wrote:  Got a brand new Evoque very recently and two months in this annoying squeaking started, somewhere in the back - almost every time I go over a minor bump or manhole cover or change lane. I've removed everything from the back already - both covers (cargo space cover and floor cover), the spare tire, jack - so it's neither of those. We seem to have localized it to rear right seat belt assembly (where the belt is retracted) - it seems to come somewhere from that vicinity.

Has anyone ever hit anything like this?

The problem I had with the rear seatbelt was that on rough roads the buckle bangs against the hard plastic of the seat. Cured by gluing a piece of black foam to the plastic

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
28-01-2014 09:27am
PhilSkill

I've had a squeak in the back, which I found went away when the right hand rear seat was left down or at least not latched back. Dealer has sorted it but I don't know what they did, so don't know if it's permanent or will return...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
28-01-2014 03:33pm
Devonian

Plug the seat belts in and if it goes away it's what Speary said. :0)

I'm still on the look out for something that does this that looks the part. If anyone has bought something good to fix this problem, please let me know.

Cheers

2012-2014: Dynamic SD4 Auto Lux Coupe. Santorini Black, Style 7 20" Shadow wheels, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, High Beam Assist, Solar Attenuating Glass and black Dynamic Plus pack. Sold back to Land Rover due to many build quality issues.
On order: Corris Grey Dynamic SD4 5 door, black contrast pan roof, blind spot indicators, Intelligence Pack, Head Up Display, Solar Glass, 825W Stereo and powered tailgate.
28-01-2014 05:59pm
Trapdoor

I had a really annoying squeak way back last year which in the end turned out to be the spare wheel/tyre and/or the foam that surrounds it. After taking it all out, carefully repositioning the wheel so the tyre didn't touch anything, it was all nice and quiet. It did however sound like it was coming from the back seat area and drove me mad for a few trips until I sorted it - never happened since.

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
28-01-2014 07:26pm