Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spongy brakes - evoque dynamic 2013
Rectory 1

Spongy brakes - evoque dynamic 2013

Hi
Existing original pads well worn, & MOT due so replaced both the front & rear discs & pads for new Brembo's.
On completion, all systems seem to be functioning OK. No warning lights... Except the pedal is now spongy, feels typical of air in the system.
One advised "they may take a while to bed-in" but that advice would be more relevant to slow braking rather than a spongy pedal.
There is no apparent reason for this as none of the hydraulic components were stripped during disc / pad replacement. Only the piston wound back-in, as the old pads had about 1.5mm -2mm of pad material left & new ones approx 10mm !

Re-jacked the car removed all the wheels checked for any visual deficiencies or leakages - nothing.
Bled all four discs starting furthest to nearest.... Frustratingly the pedal is still spongy

Any ideas please ??
16-09-2017 01:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
L18ESK

RE: Spongy brakes - evoque dynamic 2013

i think id have done everything you have , so only thing i would maybe no next is drain the full system and new fluid??

MY14 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic - Santorini Black with full Black Pack- Panoramic Roof - Xenons - 20" Black Dynamic - Memory Seats - Privacy Glass - Illuminated sill plates - Genuine RR mats

on the list Very Happy - Dash Cam - Genuine RR boot liner
18-09-2017 10:14pm
Steve D

(16-09-2017 01:46pm)Rectory 1 Wrote:  ......Any ideas please ??

You generally get the same members on both sites so you'll normally get the same advice on here as on the other site. Did you remove the pads and check the locating spring as suggested? What about those tension springs I sent you a link to?

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
19-09-2017 08:20am
L18ESK

(19-09-2017 08:20am)Steve D Wrote:  You generally get the same members on both sites so you'll normally get the same advice on here as on the other site. Did you remove the pads and check the locating spring as suggested? What about those tension springs I sent you a link to?

wait theres another site....Idea

MY14 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic - Santorini Black with full Black Pack- Panoramic Roof - Xenons - 20" Black Dynamic - Memory Seats - Privacy Glass - Illuminated sill plates - Genuine RR mats

on the list Very Happy - Dash Cam - Genuine RR boot liner
19-09-2017 09:31pm