Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spongy Brakes
Ian aka Frank

Spongy Brakes

I had to brake rapidy recently for a d***head who pulled out on me at a junction.. Ever since then the brake pedal response isn't as it used to be. Just had it's 32,000 service (rear pads replaced) but brakes just seem the same.. I did report the brake pedal travel seeming too far (but intermittently), so they road tested it and said it was ok. Just swapped Evoques with colleague and he said brakes not as they should be!! Brakes on his car are as I remember them to be.. Any ideas? BTW Rang Guy Salmon with a view to returning it, but can only get in there next Tuesday.. Confused
29-11-2013 06:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BFGEvoqueMan

RE: Spongy Brakes

(29-11-2013 06:05pm)Ian aka Frank Wrote:  I had to brake rapidy recently for a d***head who pulled out on me at a junction.. Ever since then the brake pedal response isn't as it used to be. Just had it's 32,000 service (rear pads replaced) but brakes just seem the same.. I did report the brake pedal travel seeming too far (but intermittently), so they road tested it and said it was ok. Just swapped Evoques with colleague and he said brakes not as they should be!! Brakes on his car are as I remember them to be.. Any ideas? BTW Rang Guy Salmon with a view to returning it, but can only get in there next Tuesday.. Confused

Hopefully they bled the brakes after changing the pads??

Don't forget it will take a couple of hundred miles for the new pads to bed in give their full bite (during this time you should brake gently if at all possible).Question

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
06-12-2013 03:56pm
eddkawasaki

i have the same issue does yours improve for a while if you brake heavily?

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
06-12-2013 05:42pm
Ian aka Frank

(06-12-2013 05:42pm)eddkawasaki Wrote:  i have the same issue does yours improve for a while if you brake heavily?

Not tried to brake heavily again, it's worth a try, maybe it'll re-set the system..

It's good to know I'm not the only one with this issue. I did take the car to the dealers and had a technician drive it. He said.. 'They seem ok to me', so where do I go from here? Confused
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2013 10:22pm by Ian aka Frank.)
07-12-2013 09:32pm
eddkawasaki

I found that heavy braking improved it for a while but the spongyness returns after a bit. mine is booked in to the dealers on the 20th but i doubt that they will find anything. i'm going to ask them if i can drive their demonstrator to compare the brakes in that to mine.

When it went in for its service i nearly put myself through the windscreen of the courtesy car, the brakes were so different to my car.

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel

08-12-2013 08:15am
Ian aka Frank

(08-12-2013 08:15am)eddkawasaki Wrote:  I found that heavy braking improved it for a while but the spongyness returns after a bit. mine is booked in to the dealers on the 20th but i doubt that they will find anything. i'm going to ask them if i can drive their demonstrator to compare the brakes in that to mine.

When it went in for its service i nearly put myself through the windscreen of the courtesy car, the brakes were so different to my car.

Much the same as when I drove my colleagues Evoque.. The brakes on his were as mine used to be!! If they do find anything, please let me know.. Thumbs Up
08-12-2013 09:20am
eddkawasaki

My car was at the dealers today and surprise surprise everything is fine. been told to keep an eye on them and bring it back if it gets any worse.

20-12-2013 07:11pm