Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Speed camera data base installed
griff

RE: Speed camera data base installed

I don't have the ability to upload POI to my Sat Nav - is that an upgrade?
Also I think if they banned speculation on oil prices - then we would live in a much better place.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
15-05-2013 11:33am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Early Models don't have Programmable POI.... Mad

Politicians out to reap off their expenses
Investment Bankers changed from earning money for their clients to earning money from their clients,
Not to Mention LIBOR...
Major Store Chains avoiding Tax
Supermarkets fixing food prices
I'm sure Utility companies are in there somewhere too...

Now possibly Oil companies fixing oil prices, hardly seems a surprise it's sad to say.

Is this the real Thatcher legacy, or the remnants of Blair care...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
15-05-2013 01:59pm
cutter7

Our lead spokesman Quentin Willson wrote to the Financial Services Authority (FSA*) some months ago drawing their attention to potential ‘whistle blower’ evidence and received a disappointing response. In addition, Quentin held several meetings with the Office of Fair Trading.

The OFT carried out an initial inquiry into whether they should have a full blown inquiry. However, in January, they announced that they were not going ahead with the in depth investigation as they had concluded that the market was working well?.

On all counts, we were left feeling disappointed and frustrated. The fact that EU investigators have now acted gives a new momentum to the situation. We are renewing our call for UK regulators to act..

16-05-2013 07:12am
speary

(13-05-2013 06:15pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Why Ed, filling stations are already programmed into the system and you can select them from the list of pre-programmed POI's in the menu. They even show which brand but IIRC supermarket forecourts are not shown.

Regarding speed cams, surely it s cheaper and safer to drive at the speed limit for the road you are travelling on, although it amazes me how many people who are given a driving licence appear not to be able to read judging by the number of people that get caught weekly in the village I live in. Not only can they not read the roadside signs that clearly show the speed limit and that there are speed traps but they cannot read the huge writing on the van that is used to carry the mobile cameras! You should all be reading the road and road signs more carefully - it works really well and if you don't know how to tell what the speed limit is on a stretch of road then I highly recommend reading the Highway Code and try taking an IAM driving course and test.

Ducks awaiting incoming flack for being holier than thou! I've been driving since 1982 and have still have a blemish free licence, not even a parking violation!
BTW I enjoy driving as fast as anybody else and don't drive everywhere like a granny - I just do it in the right places and so far haven't been caught!

couldnt agree more Smile

(13-05-2013 11:45pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I only passed my test in 1982 as I spent the previous 8 years learning to drive slightly larger and somewhat slower vehicles! My licence with them is also unblemished! Ths sort of big and slow http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emma_Mærsk. Although currently I'm in command of something a bit smaller
http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/phot...id=1261309

I hope you look after your cars better than your boats, looks like it could do with a polish Very Happy

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
(This post was last modified: 16-05-2013 08:19am by speary.)
16-05-2013 08:15am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(16-05-2013 08:15am)speary Wrote:  I hope you look after your cars better than your boats, looks like it could do with a polish Very Happy

It gets one "Detail" every five years whether it needs it or not (usually it needs it!) however if fuel consumption starts to increase we pull into a service bay for a polish of the prop and rudder and short back and sides on the main hull if the shell and weed is getting a bit long. Usually a grass cut and prop polish lasts about 8 weeks but the amount of extra fuel burned due to drag makes it well worth taking 12 hours out of service to ave the beauty treatment. The white ship had its detail in January this year, first time since it left the building yard.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
16-05-2013 09:38am
doug

(16-05-2013 09:38am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  It gets one "Detail" every five years whether it needs it or not (usually it needs it!) however if fuel consumption starts to increase we pull into a service bay for a polish of the prop and rudder and short back and sides on the main hull if the shell and weed is getting a bit long. Usually a grass cut and prop polish lasts about 8 weeks but the amount of extra fuel burned due to drag makes it well worth taking 12 hours out of service to ave the beauty treatment. The white ship had its detail in January this year, first time since it left the building yard.

You need to buy a few hundred bottles of Nano paint sealant (used on yachts & planes) Wink
Wouldn't take you too long to apply with a cotton pad Smile

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
16-05-2013 04:24pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Cost us $1.5million for the paint job in January.....

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
16-05-2013 04:51pm
Lance_SJ

(15-05-2013 01:59pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Early Models don't have Programmable POI.... Mad

Is it a software upgrade for this feature ?
03-10-2016 05:32pm
tone1

Hi all, this seems a bit puzzling for me(maybe age related) only had the car just over a week, November 2016 hse dyn lux which has the new 10" screen etc. I asked at dealership about "putting" safety cameras into the sat nav but was told dont worry its all up to date, just go out for a drive and pass known cameras and you will hear the alert.
I went past three that are near me and only one of them reacted with a "purp-purp" sound but only when passing it? Do any of you guys and gals have the later model like me that can advise if I can set this up any differently please?
I have seen a couple of "how to's" but its advising select "More" icon once on screen, which I can't see... I think this info is for different model perhapsConfused

2016 (2017 model) HSE DYN LUX - Farallon Black - Black Pack
09-08-2017 10:43am
herbert1804

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread but I have the same query as Tone1 above. I have a MY17 Evoque with the safety camera alerts pre=installed but is there any way of setting the proximity? And just how often are these camera positions updated? My map is dated Oct19 so I’m guessing it’s all updated over-the-air but I’ve no idea how it’s doing that!

And before anyone flames me, no I’m not a career speeder, but I do appreciate knowing where these camera hotspots are.

Herb
12-10-2019 08:40pm