Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adblue
evoquekhan

Adblue

Newbie....So apologies in advance. Im sure this question has been asked but im new to the evoque….or at least the wife is. Got the message of incorrect quality adblue detected vehicle wont start in....been told that because we topped up the adblue with non genuine adblue this may be the issue? Thanks in advance.
(This post was last modified: 20-12-2019 06:37pm by evoquekhan.)
20-12-2019 06:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Adblue

Welcome to the forum. I haven’t heard of that issue before but then if yours is still in warranty I thought that LR dealers were supposed to refill the adblue tank for free between services?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-12-2019 08:30pm
bigmac3161

Adblue

I’ve topped mine up with the generic stuff from Halfords twice with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
23-12-2019 09:00pm
evoquekhan

UPDATE....Took the vehicle to a local garage to plug it in as land rover cant look at it until the 9th January. After clearing any stored fault codes this is what we are left with...P2BAE-00 NOx exeedence - NOx control monitoring system. P2BAE-02 same message and P2BAF-00 NOx system driver inducement active. The onboard error message has now changed to Fluid dosing malfunction.
28-12-2019 02:34pm
MarkW

(22-12-2019 08:30pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Welcome to the forum. I haven’t heard of that issue before but then if yours is still in warranty I thought that LR dealers were supposed to refill the adblue tank for free between services?

I think thats only if you have the service pack. When we purchased ours at 1 yr old I asked about buying the servicing ack and was told it could only be bought when purchasing the car.
But adblue isn't that expensive really
26-01-2020 02:08pm
Radiohead 49

Hi were you able to sort the problem or is it still there. I have the same message come up on the display. Filled up Ad blue with 14 litres but message is still displayed.
14-03-2020 02:44pm
Pastmaster

Not sure if this will help in this case but two of the standard issues are:
1 Overfilling adblue. This causes the sensor to malfunction and can only be cured by draining some out of the tank. maybe a software reset required as well. As a rule, wait until the car asks for an adblue top-up, and then put in NO MORE than ten litres. If you have a later model you can go to "Vehicle info" and it tells you how much DEF (AdBlue) is required. NEVER overfill.
2 Blocked DEF injector. The stuff can crystalise and block the injector into the DPF.
Both of these are generally easily solved by LR Assistance. If your car is out of warranty though you'll have to find another way of sorting it.

2019 D180 S Auto in white (ex-demonstrator). My eighth LR.
20-03-2020 06:29pm
Radiohead 49

(20-03-2020 06:29pm)Pastmaster Wrote:  Not sure if this will help in this case but two of the standard issues are:
1 Overfilling adblue. This causes the sensor to malfunction and can only be cured by draining some out of the tank. maybe a software reset required as well. As a rule, wait until the car asks for an adblue top-up, and then put in NO MORE than ten litres. If you have a later model you can go to "Vehicle info" and it tells you how much DEF (AdBlue) is required. NEVER overfill.
2 Blocked DEF injector. The stuff can crystalise and block the injector into the DPF.
Both of these are generally easily solved by LR Assistance. If your car is out of warranty though you'll have to find another way of sorting it.

Hi many thanks for the info, I think the DEF injector could be the problem as there was no LOW LEVEL alarm displayed for adblue. I will check the level to see that it has not been overfilled anyway.
Awaiting a workshop manual to find out how to check the DEF injector & adblue supply pump.
20-03-2020 07:37pm