Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spare Wheel Option
paulus599

RE: Spare Wheel Option

(06-06-2011 01:47pm)Alex Wrote:  Only issue I have is how easy is it to get the existing wheel off to replace it with the spare, if it's straight forward and the wheel nuts have not been placed on with that much torque then fine.

Very suprised that the Kuga was so bad, the wheel nuts should only be torque'd up to a specified ammount, especially when they are done at the factory, they should never be that tight that you can't remove them with the supplied kit. That's especially true for an alloy wheel where they can be damaged if wheel nuts have been forced.
Having said that, it has happened to me after having a tyre replaced. Two days later I had a puncture, went to remove the wheel and because the nuts had been done up so tight managed to snap a heavy duty socket set extension, wasn't happy Mad Phoned the tyre place and they had to send out a van with a compressor and wheel nut gun to get the bleeding thing off! (could have done with some plasters for my bleeding knuckles too Crying )

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
06-06-2011 03:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ant

RE: Spare Wheel Option

No spare for me. Bottle of gunk for punctures and RAC for shredded tyres. I have 3 spare 19" wheels with good tyres from my RRS (which I hope might have same offset) if it's necessary to wait for tyres.
ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
06-06-2011 03:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply