Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Some good news at last...
Evoqess

RE: Some good news at last...

Great news Mark. I can't wait for your Evoque-keys-in-my-hand opinions after the disappointing prelude to ownership. Thumbs Up

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
29-11-2011 03:41am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

Thank you everyone for your good wishes even if they are for me to stop my moaning.

As it's turned out, the original date of 31 December on the day I ordered will be beaten but that date first came forward in stages to 31 October and then went back in stages to 26 January. Land Rover could help themselves by quoting a date and sticking to it. It's all to do with expectation management.

As for the dealer, when I sit in my Evoque for the first time, it will be only the third time I've sat in one and when I drive it, it will be for the first time. I missed out on the driving events and the dealer launch and have never been offered a test drive in spite of asking.

It's inevitable that the imminent arrival of the car is softening even this curmudgeon and I hope the ownership experience will be an antidote to the buying experience.

I'm looking forward to throwing my walking and camera gear into the back and heading off to the Lakes.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
29-11-2011 05:40pm
ED209

(29-11-2011 05:40pm)mark_n Wrote:  Thank you everyone for your good wishes even if they are for me to stop my moaning.

As it's turned out, the original date of 31 December on the day I ordered will be beaten but that date first came forward in stages to 31 October and then went back in stages to 26 January. Land Rover could help themselves by quoting a date and sticking to it. It's all to do with expectation management.

As for the dealer, when I sit in my Evoque for the first time, it will be only the third time I've sat in one and when I drive it, it will be for the first time. I missed out on the driving events and the dealer launch and have never been offered a test drive in spite of asking.

It's inevitable that the imminent arrival of the car is softening even this curmudgeon and I hope the ownership experience will be an antidote to the buying experience.

I'm looking forward to throwing my walking and camera gear into the back and heading off to the Lakes.

I would never buy a car without driving, get to the dealer and demand a test drive!
29-11-2011 06:26pm
mark_n

(29-11-2011 06:26pm)ED209 Wrote:  I would never buy a car without driving, get to the dealer and demand a test drive!

I'm hardly going to back out now...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 29-11-2011 07:27pm by mark_n.)
29-11-2011 07:22pm
ceebee

Mark, they actually drive like a bag of nails....................

No, I am joking and I am sure you won't be dissapointed. Hopefully many others on the forum may find that their dates start to move forward also, but despite your moans (some of which I believe to be a little tongue -in-cheek), I have to agree that LR should have just given us a date and stuck to it rather than telling people that were miles away from their delivery dates that the date had changed again..............and changed again...............and then it arrives at around the time of the original date anyway.

LR really hasn't helped itself with this one, but if you check out other forums (e.g Kuga) they are full of people in the same position who are not getting their cars on time and are swearing they will never buy another Ford and that the dealers are worse than hopeless.

Anyway, good luck with your car when you get it.

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
29-11-2011 07:44pm
Louie

Heard today that my dealer should be getting my car in on Friday / Monday depending upon transport, this will be about a week earlier than the revised delivery date which had slipped back from early November.

Looks like all the problems are now being sorted in that mine is a 5 door Pure with Zenons, pano roof etc.

Can't wait to get my hands on it a go for a long drive through Mid Wales.

Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Pure SD4 Firenze Red, manual with tech pack, pano roof, auto dimming rear view mirror, xenons & fogs
Delivered Very HappyVery Happy[/font]
29-11-2011 08:53pm
ED209

(29-11-2011 08:53pm)Louie Wrote:  Heard today that my dealer should be getting my car in on Friday / Monday depending upon transport, this will be about a week earlier than the revised delivery date which had slipped back from early November.

Looks like all the problems are now being sorted in that mine is a 5 door Pure with Zenons, pano roof etc.

Can't wait to get my hands on it a go for a long drive through Mid Wales.

Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

what engine/gearbox combo is your car?
29-11-2011 09:37pm
paulelescoces

Excellent news... I have my fingers crossed that my date comes earlier... not that I really have a date... more of a vague, likely not this year, looks like Jan or maybe even feb...

Delivered: SD4 Prestige Auto 5 Door, Fuji White with Vibe interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Electric Tailgate, Winter Pack, Adaptive Xenons, Roofrails...
29-11-2011 10:06pm
Louie

[quote='ED209' pid='26042' dateline='1322599029']

what engine/gearbox combo is your car?

Its a manual SD4

Pure SD4 Firenze Red, manual with tech pack, pano roof, auto dimming rear view mirror, xenons & fogs
Delivered Very HappyVery Happy[/font]
05-12-2011 07:47pm
andyuk

Well my date was Dec 20th which went out to Jan 28th then back in to Jan 15th so I am hoping it's ready to drive away on Jan 2nd going on the recent reports of cars coming forward.

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
06-12-2011 01:22am