Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Some clarification required.
Urban Splash

RE: Some clarification required.

I understand what is being said regarding the production process, however, many of us have had our orders on the Vista system for quite some considerable time..... It's not like LR have not known what people have ordered. Again, I will stress my point that high demand has bot all to do with anything right now....they have had allocations and orders have been placed in line with the original build plan. However, things have not gone to plan, there have been component supply issues..... Now how can this be? They have always intended to make x amount of cars.....

You look at the LR promo vid hosted by that guy off Fifth Gear. He wanders around the factory, and shows how it all works and how production has been planned meticulously. Now we all know that it has not worked out as planned....

So, is this my fault....your fault....no. It's LR's fault. So they should be explaining why they have messed up to their customers. They should be doing all they can to compensate and reassure customers. But they are not doing any of this are they? Why?......well because its an extremely popular car. It's not right. When paying over £40k for a car, you expect better.

LR's arrogance is quite unbelievable.

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
06-11-2011 10:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Straydox

(06-11-2011 10:17pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  I understand what is being said regarding the production process, however, many of us have had our orders on the Vista system for quite some considerable time..... It's not like LR have not known what people have ordered. Again, I will stress my point that high demand has bot all to do with anything right now....they have had allocations and orders have been placed in line with the original build plan. However, things have not gone to plan, there have been component supply issues..... Now how can this be? They have always intended to make x amount of cars.....

You look at the LR promo vid hosted by that guy off Fifth Gear. He wanders around the factory, and shows how it all works and how production has been planned meticulously. Now we all know that it has not worked out as planned....

So, is this my fault....your fault....no. It's LR's fault. So they should be explaining why they have messed up to their customers. They should be doing all they can to compensate and reassure customers. But they are not doing any of this are they? Why?......well because its an extremely popular car. It's not right. When paying over £40k for a car, you expect better.

LR's arrogance is quite unbelievable.

Well I don't speak for LR but your frustrations are mirrored across other manufacturers too - my current Audi A5 cabrio took 6 months to arrive and that's not unusual because motor manufacturers that want to stay in business have to utilise a 'make to order' business model.

I understand your frustration however delays that are due to component supply issues often have their roots in failed QA checks - remember LR are assembling the vehicle using components from 3rd party suppliers. In the bad old days of the British motor industry with limited QA the crappy components would have been fitted anyway and you as the customer would have had get it sorted yourself with your local hapless dealer - some of us remember those days and started buying German/Japanese cars instead Cool

It is tempting sometimes to seek someone to blame and yet all the alternative solutions are unpalatable - you could even cancel your order couldn't you? The trouble is no matter what you bought as an alternative it would be a compromise and every time you saw an Evoque on the road you would be thinking 'I should have waited'.

It will be no consolation but vehicles that are being built when the production line has been running a few months will be of better quality than the early production candidates because the assembly process is constantly being refined and enhanced both in terms of labour practice and component revision level too.

So are LR being arrogant? From what I've heard in the last week it seems LR are getting round all the dealers with real news on the true position re product availability - going pro-active. Hopefully your supplying dealer(s) are transparent and will share that knowledge with you too.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
07-11-2011 12:53am
Urban Splash

Well the issue is that LR dealers are not passing any information on to customers (although mine is). LR should be ensuring that their dealers are doing this

First time I have seen mentioned that it is component quality problems.... The previous suggestions were that it has been a shortage of components.....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
07-11-2011 11:09am
mark_n

Yes, I think you could broaden "component shortages" to include components which are not up to the required standard. The end result is the same - there aren't enough of the required components of the required quality to install in cars.

LR will not elaborate on what the real problem is but the worst situation would be where the components are installed (eg Xenon light units) and then found not to work.

Really, they should be contracting with multiple suppliers...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
07-11-2011 04:00pm
Big G

(06-11-2011 05:40am)mark_n Wrote:  Hindsight's a wonderful thing but it's possible LR could have made things easier for themselves when they saw the level of interest by having a Launch Edition, highly specc'd in a limited range of colours, to get the car started, especially for foreign markets.

My issue with LR has always been not the wait itself but the fact it keeps changing and the low confidence that the latest of the 6 dates I have had will be any more reality than fiction. There seems to be little correlation between when you sign the order (and when it can therefore first go to LR) and when the car arrives.

They did here - a Launch offer with a Pure plus a 'pack' of extras thrown in at the basic Pure price, to drive straight out the showroom.

I in my wisdom place d my own order , laid a €5K deposit in Sept and have nothing - I even had to remind the dealer to confirm said deposit in writing as way of a receipt. My 'promised' delivery is Jan 12 - thats when then 'new' plates in ROI start , and I wait with baited breath.Embarrassed
07-11-2011 06:03pm
Token

Fantastic insight Straydox, really puts things into some perspective, especially thinking about the production line as an assembly line...explains the challenges.

I like the idea of a Launch edition, but also very glad they didn't do it, as I would have ordered it and then regretted not waiting for my exact spec!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
07-11-2011 06:16pm
ED209

Just had a call from my dealer to clarify the situation, feel a bit happier now. It appears a fellow forumite has grassed me up to him for moaning ha ha!!!

this comes the day i was seriously thinking about cacelling and going for a staff discounted quasquai 4x4 instead for a good 8k cheaper with lots more toys (not the same thing i know)
07-11-2011 07:16pm
johnboy

On order, delivery May 2012 Fuji White SD4 Man, Tech Pack, Privacy Glass, Pano roof, Fogs, Lux Mats, power tailgate, puddle lamps, Auto dimming rear view mirror, 19" Style 4: Mud flaps: Xenons, rear camera: Dog Guard by Travall: Boot Liner. Delivered 29/05/12
11-11-2011 05:59pm