Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Software updates for (PCM / TCM / ECU)
benzina

Software updates for (PCM / TCM / ECU)

Technical Questions....
1. Is the Powertrain Control Module and the Transmission Control Module, two separate modules or one unit in the Evoque?
2. Would the Q585 (Engine Management System software update) be applied to the Powertrain Control Module or the ECU? Are these two the same thing?

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2017 02:42pm by benzina.)
02-01-2017 09:44am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

RE: Software updates for (PCM / TCM / ECU)

Bumped up. Anyone know the answers above? Thanks in advance.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
07-01-2017 01:42am
PhilSkill

From the Info I have, there is no reference to a Powertrain Control Module.

TCM - Transmission Control Module
GSM - Gearshift Control Module
ECM - Engine Control Module.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
08-01-2017 10:25pm
benzina

Mmm, its just that the dealer gave me a service print out on the software updates they installed on what they called the "Powertrain Control Module" and one for the "Transmission Control Module". I suspect the PTC may also be called the "Engine Control Module".

In that picture Philskill, is number 5 the engine control module? The picture is cut off so i can't see what #5 is. thanks

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2017 02:45am by benzina.)
09-01-2017 02:21am
benzina

So would it be logical and safe to say that the Q585 (Engine Management System s/w update) talked about in the thread http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-6-spd-lag , would have been applied to the Powertrain Control Module, which also happens to be called the Engine Control Module?

My dealer said the latest updates were to the Powertrain Control Module, and the Transmission Control Module, so i'm trying to work out if they were in fact the Q585 update, because already i'm experiencing slightly better fuel consumption, and drive mode in auto appears to be more willing to change down a gear when slowing to a corner, which makes it slightly more responsive and ready when the need to go again in junctions.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2017 11:58am by benzina.)
10-01-2017 11:58am
PhilSkill

(09-01-2017 02:21am)benzina Wrote:  In that picture Philskill, is number 5 the engine control module? The picture is cut off so i can't see what #5 is. thanks

Hi Benzina, That whole unit is the TCM. I think 5 is the electrical connector of the TCM.

It's possible the ECM is also the PCM, or PCM is an overall name for multiple units. Sorry Don't know the answer.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
10-01-2017 10:57pm
benzina

Ah ok, thanks Phil.

11-01-2017 04:20am
benzina

Simple tech question i need an answer on please....

My transmission Control Module had a LR dealer software update performed on it for the first time since new.
My transmission always used to perform perfectly before this update, and now i get a gear shift flare (around 200RPM) when it shifts from 3-4th gear.
My question is.....is it possible for the dealership to upload the original software that my TCM came with?
Surely LD would have that available, and it can be programmed back in the same way they performed the update. I need a tech expert who knows please.

09-04-2017 05:11am