Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Smart key/stop start
Mikey777

Smart key/stop start

Hi Guys/Girls,
I appreciate some users have mentioned these topics before, but thought worth update you on my experiences
My smart keys have been causing problems for several months and whilst its been to dealer three times and kept for two days the problem still persists. I often also have to use alternative method to start and it takes three or four times before smart key recognised. The key is usually not recognised once a day on starting.
Also, have been experiencing problems with stop/start which appears not to work most of the time.Again dealer has had vehicle and recharged battery but is stumped on both problems. LR are to release software fix for smart key sometime soon? And the stop/ start problem is under review. I am frustrated as having had Audi/Mercs/Jaguars etc and having a fairly good track record on cars operating performance now becoming very frustrated. I will keep you updated on resolutions
Twisted Evil

Pure 2.2 SD4, Manual, Firenza with cirrus, Pano, Zenons, Front Fogs, Camera, Privacy glass,
19" Style 4 and Spare
26-09-2012 07:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Smart key/stop start

I'm having battery issues on my car at the moment, and they're trying to put it down to 'general usage', so I asked about the stop-start, and why wouldn't that just kill the battery.
the response was that there are a number of factors which determins if it will operate or not.
ie:
  • Engine must be warm
  • Battery voltage must be high enough to allow a restart
  • there must be a limit to the load on the abttery (ie, not too many auxiliary things on, like TV, heaters, heaterd seats, windscreen, lights, wipers, etc)
I'm sure there are others, but can't remember them right now, but if you're in any of the situations above, it won't work.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
27-09-2012 09:35am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mikey777

Thanks Racingsnake,
Unfortunately when stop start fails to operate generally none of these apply the engine is warm and most others not on?!So I am unable to understand why. The dealer recharged battery and doesn't know what else to do to fix
Mikey

Pure 2.2 SD4, Manual, Firenza with cirrus, Pano, Zenons, Front Fogs, Camera, Privacy glass,
19" Style 4 and Spare
27-09-2012 11:06am
RacingSnake

(26-09-2012 07:05pm)Mikey777 Wrote:  LR are to release software fix for smart key sometime soon?
Mikey, just got back from the dealers with my battery issue (of which they found no issue Sad ) but they did tell me that they updated some body control module software - more specifically it is a fix for a known smart key issue.

Think you need to make a call Cool

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
27-09-2012 03:07pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mikey777

Hi Racingsnake,
Thanks, Got call From LR late pm today to advise Technical activity working on software fix for the stop/start and also for smart ket. Hooray!They will advise as soon as releasd
Will update you once I gat OK on implementation
Regards
MikeyVery Happy

19" Style 4 and Spare
27-09-2012 07:29pm
penarthguy

I have the same issue, only had the car three weeks but had a problem with the Smart key and stop/start
30-09-2012 10:36am