Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Slow entertainment/ Satnav system
Ianpembs

Had my RRE Prestige for about two months and was frustrated that changing between functions on the satnav/ entertainment system was very slow. Just done the Landrover experience at Ledbury (very good) and expressed my disappointment in this, the instructor said they were also frustrated but found out that most new cars have the animated display in the systems menu turned on which slows things down. He subsequently went to systems page on my car and simply switched animated display to off and hey presto now works fine. Hope this of use to others who experience similar.
23-10-2012 06:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Slow entertainment/ Satnav system

Also switch off the volume animation - mine came up about 2 seconds after I'd changed it !

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
23-10-2012 06:59pm
Ianpembs

Cheers is that on same page
23-10-2012 07:08pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I found a gremlin in the radio system today as well................ sat at the carwash listening to the radio waiting for the time limiter to shut the system down and the DAB signal was lost. While it was searching for another station I couldn't change the home screen to Audio to select FM. When the DAB finally found the station I could change the screens no problem

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-10-2012 07:11pm
cjfp

(23-10-2012 07:11pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I found a gremlin in the radio system today as well................ sat at the carwash listening to the radio waiting for the time limiter to shut the system down and the DAB signal was lost. While it was searching for another station I couldn't change the home screen to Audio to select FM. When the DAB finally found the station I could change the screens no problem

Will chk but I don't think I have this problem.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
23-10-2012 07:21pm
ED209

Switching of the animations definetly makes it faster. Its still not really good enough though.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
23-10-2012 07:42pm
orvieto

Can somebody point me up where is that curious animations setup menu? Smile

RRE 3D Colima Lime Si4 almost full spec. WOWcar Smile
23-10-2012 10:30pm
Ianpembs

(23-10-2012 10:30pm)orvieto Wrote:  Can somebody point me up where is that curious animations setup menu? Smile

press system set up and it there with on/off just hit off. I found with it off its runs as one would expect on my car anyway
24-10-2012 02:02pm
Evo-king

Ian do you mean switching between Sat Nav to Audio or within say sat nav and it's settings?

Because mine doesn't seem slow, and if I want to switch between Sat Nav, Audio etc I use the mode button.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
24-10-2012 10:03pm
Ianpembs

(24-10-2012 10:03pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Ian do you mean switching between Sat Nav to Audio or within say sat nav and it's settings?

Because mine doesn't seem slow, and if I want to switch between Sat Nav, Audio etc I use the mode button.

It was really slow switching between functions eg going from home page to say audio or from audio to sat nav. It would take about 4 secs or so. I mentioned it to the guy at the Landrover Experience day and he said they experienced the same when they first got the Evoque and this is the fix they used. Changing pages on the satnav was not as slow but enough to be frustrating but now fingers crossed it seems fine. I suppose at some stage I will have to read the manual dont want to peak too soon though as still got to get to grips with voice control.
24-10-2012 10:38pm