Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Slow Software
Evoqess

RE: Slow Software

I haven't really noticed any significant delay - but I do start the engine the moment I sit in the car, then buckle up (figure it's better to have the engine running when the seat moves to it's memory position). Actually, more often than not I back into parking spots so my Evoque and I are in cosmic harmony and ready to launch when the next driving session begins hehe.
I honestly believe that I am in the majority when it comes to the choices favored by the Evoque engineers. So much of the functionality and style of this vehicle is 99% agreeable to my preferences. Thumbs Up

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
03-12-2011 11:11pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vinda

Your right. It is slow. Also when I change volume the display takes a bit longer
04-12-2011 12:53am
IKM

(03-12-2011 10:48pm)griff Wrote:  Just think how long it takes to boot up your pc from off. It's the same with your car after all all the Nav Audio etc is just a computer.
Good point, never thought of it that way.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
04-12-2011 12:59am
cjfp

(03-12-2011 11:11pm)Evoqess Wrote:  Cosmic harmony

Evoqess - I think I am envying your Canadian lifestyle even more! Very Happy

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
04-12-2011 09:30am
olde

(03-12-2011 11:59am)Craig_d1 Wrote:  Think it a bit slow, not just start up but inputting sat nav also. May be due to fact it's a resistive screen rather than capacitive.

You can input text faster than the screen can keep up, just ignore the screen and type. The NAV buffers key presses, even if the keys are not visible yet. The screen animation is supposed to give you a visible feedback of button presses, but being way slower than it should be, it just makes the NAV seem slow and unresponsive.

BTW, do you notice that you can't scroll/browse the NAV forward in the direction you are travelling, because POI-selection buttons pop up and get in the way? The NAV is a button-filled mess for browsing/scrolling. However, the rotation buttons that pop up are fast, yeah really fast. The only thing about the NAV that is working at full speed is the shockingly fast screen rotation feature. Makes me feel like a bug in a whirlwind.

My dealer is chasing NAVTEQ in the US to find out when they will offer online software support from their site, specifically for the Evoque, including software and mapping updates. So far, you can edit the NAV's map database and graphics contents via NAVTEQ's own website, but you can't get online support unless you pretend to have a different kind of RR. Crazy, eh? But, things should improve...

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
07-12-2011 06:14am
defender_uk

It is slow. I am really surprised because the system in the RRS is pretty instant. I don't follow why this system is so slow.

The easy entry has to be set in the menu to operate....although in mine it does work when it feels like it and doesn't most of the time. Sad

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
07-12-2011 09:18am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply