Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Slow Software
ajmooseman

Slow Software

Is it me are does anyone else find the initial start up software quite slow.
When i jump in, hit the start button select reverse, I find i am at the top of my drive into the road before the systems has booted up fully and then moved onto the reserving camera.

Thoughts Please, I know it;s one of those things like waiting for a pc to start it seems to take forever when your sat there waiting, maybe I'm just inpatientLaughing

Disclaimer: FAO of Mark_n and others it may concern
While all efforts will be made to delivery statements in English. I can only apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes made while posting my thoughts and opinions. If any post featuring such mistakes should offend, then tough SH*T!
03-12-2011 10:52am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

RE: Slow Software

I don't find it slow but there again my old engineering background means I give the engine a chance to get oil circulating before I move off. Usually about 30 second or so.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
03-12-2011 11:08am
Ezandania

Umm...i think it would be sensible to boot up all the sensors (and ECU) and get all the lights on the dash to disappear before moving off. Should be less than 30 secs (or thereabout?)

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
03-12-2011 11:48am
Craig_d1

Think it a bit slow, not just start up but inputting sat nav also. May be due to fact it's a resistive screen rather than capacitive(spelling may not be right). If I remember right, it was the only small gripe from the American review when it won best SUV there.
03-12-2011 11:59am
berlin2011

When I get in the car, I press the start button WITHOUT putting my foot on the brake - then I buckle up, foot on brake and start engine. This way the electronics all have a chance to boot up (and seat adjusts to memory position from easy entry resting position) before I pull away

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
03-12-2011 12:54pm
abcya

The touch screen applications do take a little while to boot-up. I notice this if i try to change radio station just after starting.

I wonder if the software will get updated when the car is serviced? It would be particularly useful for updating the sat nav and Gracenotes music index.

Firenze red Dynamic 5-door with Verve interior and pano roof
03-12-2011 01:01pm
ytshome

(03-12-2011 12:54pm)berlin2011 Wrote:  When I get in the car, I press the start button WITHOUT putting my foot on the brake - then I buckle up, foot on brake and start engine. This way the electronics all have a chance to boot up (and seat adjusts to memory position from easy entry resting position) before I pull away

Sounds like a plan!

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
03-12-2011 02:58pm
dandavis1

(03-12-2011 12:54pm)berlin2011 Wrote:  When I get in the car, I press the start button WITHOUT putting my foot on the brake - then I buckle up, foot on brake and start engine. This way the electronics all have a chance to boot up (and seat adjusts to memory position from easy entry resting position) before I pull away

Is 'easy entry resting position' an official setting or you being a little bit of a loser?
03-12-2011 07:55pm
berlin2011

(03-12-2011 07:55pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  Is 'easy entry resting position' an official setting or you being a little bit of a loser?

RTFM

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
03-12-2011 09:30pm
griff

Just think how long it takes to boot up your pc from off. It's the same with your car after all all the Nav Audio etc is just a computer.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
03-12-2011 10:48pm