Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sirius....stuck on Acquiring Signal
gadgetgirl23

Sirius....stuck on Acquiring Signal

I recently purchased a 2013 Evoque Pure Plus and I love it.
The only problem that I'm having is that the Sirius radio is stuck on "acquiring signal".
AM and FM work fine, but the Sirius doesn't play anything...not even the preview on channel 184.
It's stuck on channel 184 and the display says acquiring signal.

I transferred my subscription and Sirius says that it's a problem with the vehicle, maybe the antenna. I've talked with them several times....always the same response. It's not them, it's the car.
I've been searching online for similar issues, but I haven't found any that are specific to the Evoque.
I am aware of the bluetooth connectivity conflict and have made sure to not have bluetooth connected when attempting to activate Sirius.

What I'm thinking is that I need to reset the radio--completely clear everything, turn it on, and then resend the Sirius activation signal and see if it will pick it up.

I've seen posts for other vehicles (ie Jaguar) to reset the system by disconnecting the battery cables, touching them together, waiting a bit, and then reconnecting.

I'm concerned about disconnecting the battery....will it have any ill effects on the car?
Does anyone know of another way to reset the radio?
Does anyone have any other thoughts or suggestions?

Any help or guidance is much appreciated.
11-02-2015 07:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Sirius....stuck on Acquiring Signal

No idea on sirius, but rather than disconnecting the Battery, you could try removing the fuses, I guess to the Entertainment systems.

pg 194 in the manual

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-02-2015 08:12pm
gadgetgirl23

RE: Sirius....stuck on Acquiring Signal

Thanks. I did that yesterday. Removed fuses. Left them out for about 15 min. Started the car without them. Shut the car off. Reinstalled fuses. Started the car. Powered up the radio.
But the system didn't clear. All FM presets were still there, as were Navigation settings, etc.
So removing the fuses didn't reset the system like I thought (and hoped) it would.
11-02-2015 08:49pm