Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Signature" LED headlights
nctran19

"Signature" LED headlights

I picked up my Fuji white Pure in November and was quite disappointed about the "signature" led on the headlights. I suppose the LED ring around the projector is not standard nor is it an option on Pure models for the States. Asked the dealer for an upgrade, was told they are ~$1500/per assembly. Really considering just swapping the internals of the assembly. Does anyone on here have connections of part #'s or a diagram of the internal workings of the headlight assembly??
19-01-2012 04:36pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: "Signature" LED headlights

Good question - been meaning to look into it myself but not sure if they are available as parts or just as a full headlamp unit. I'm hoping one of the aftermarket firms brings out a kit similar to the BMW angel eyes.
19-01-2012 05:05pm
nctran19

How quite disappointing. Just called my dealer and they cannot get the internal components. And would cost about $2400 for the pair and also may need different wiring. Guess I gotta wait for some Chinese company to make some aftermarket units.
19-01-2012 05:24pm
Viper

All of us still waiting some option, my friend make the conversion for his led headlamp for Camaro, no problem till now. So i will buy an original led headlights by dynamic and will give to my engineer to try to fit on pure. No need to be plug e play. I think a little bit starnge the people saying that is just not workable since pure also have the midnight lamp. So i hope it works
19-01-2012 10:27pm
Ray Parlour

(19-01-2012 10:27pm)Viper Wrote:  All of us still waiting some option, my friend make the conversion for his led headlamp for Camaro, no problem till now. So i will buy an original led headlights by dynamic and will give to my engineer to try to fit on pure. No need to be plug e play. I think a little bit starnge the people saying that is just not workable since pure also have the midnight lamp. So i hope it works
Quite..

5dr Pure SD4 Auto, Tech Pack, Front Fog lights, Indus + Ebony
19-01-2012 10:42pm
nctran19

I would consider myself a bit knowledgeable on electronics. I would assume it would be almost plug-and-play with the halogen and xenon seeing that the only difference is the rings. I mean there is only one main harness going into the assembly, thus all electrical should have already been ran (to cut cost on producing multiple harnesses). Therefore the only difference should be the internal wiring of each individual headlight assembly. both halogen and xenon have accent LED, and the main projector should be the same wiring. But to drop $2400 on a hunch and hope that the Xenon come with "rings" without a possibility of return is a lot. Someone please confirm that the xenons have those rings. i have part number for the xenons but parts guy couldn't confirm.
19-01-2012 11:39pm
berlin2011

Halogen to Xenons in not simply 'plug-and-play'.... Xenons require auto leveling which in turn requires sensors (in the wheel arches) which in turn implies a totally different harness and different electronics to read the sensors and sense appropriate messages to the 'plug-and-play' headlight assembly...

Nothing is impossible but somethings are harder to do than others

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
20-01-2012 07:19am
chiggy

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2012-Range-Ro...202wt_1110

not sure if those are just a different colour for the actual bulbs or the lights themselves..

seems pretty cheap if its the lights themselves... which leads me to believe it might just be a different colour bulb for the already installed xenons.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
20-01-2012 07:55am
pugracer

(20-01-2012 07:55am)chiggy Wrote:  http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2012-Range-Ro...202wt_1110

not sure if those are just a different colour for the actual bulbs or the lights themselves..

seems pretty cheap if its the lights themselves... which leads me to believe it might just be a different colour bulb for the already installed xenons.

It's the Xeon bulb with the transformer. Still don't get you the Signature LED.

[Image: 116845.png]
Range Rover Evoque - Pure, 5-Door, Si4, Auto, Fuji White/Cirrus
Lotus Elise
Peugeot 206 GTi
20-01-2012 02:46pm