Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Side Steps
X4

Side Steps

Noticed when browsing the LR configurator and spotted they are now offering side steps as an option under the "Exterior Styling" tab - Part No. VPLVP0208. No price shown but assume they will be available to buy and retro fit soon Question

MY15 Dynamic, Fuji White, Black Design Pack, Pano Roof, Power Tailgate, Ebony Leather, Ebony Headlining, Strata Black Trim, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Headlights, F & R Mudflaps, Silver Selector, Pedal Footrest
(This post was last modified: 29-07-2014 06:59pm by X4.)
26-07-2014 10:31am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
buckiebabyrr

RE: Side Steps

Hopefully it will become able to buy and retrofit definently something i have thought about as it seems to finish the car off nicely.

Car history so far......
2005 Vauxhall corsa sxi
2007 Vauxhall corsa vxr
2008 Vauxhall astra nurbergring vxr
2013 Ford focus st3
2014 Cool - MY2014 9 speed auto,Si4 engine,Dynamic,Fuji white,Santorini roof,Black design pack,Heated steering wheel,Lunar/ivory interior,Privacy glass
27-07-2014 10:55pm
X4

Absolutely but possibly very expensive - I have heard a figure of £920 for dealer fitted Sad

MY15 Dynamic, Fuji White, Black Design Pack, Pano Roof, Power Tailgate, Ebony Leather, Ebony Headlining, Strata Black Trim, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Headlights, F & R Mudflaps, Silver Selector, Pedal Footrest
(This post was last modified: 29-07-2014 07:00pm by X4.)
28-07-2014 11:31am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Side steps are not difficult to fit DIY unless they are the electrically deployable type. If you have mudflaps then you will need to replace them with the design to go with side steps. The mounting points for the side steps are already fitted under the car at build time IIRC. You may need access to a hydraulic lift to make getting under the car easier though.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
29-07-2014 07:33am
m_101

Yeah I have aftermarket side steps and they weren't difficult to fit but I agree getting the car onto a hydraulic lift was very helpful. I love mine but have to say some of the aftermarket ones aren't to my taste.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
30-07-2014 09:33pm
X4

m-101

Where did you get yours - any pics ?

31-07-2014 06:30am
PhilSkill

I have aftermarket, not the Barmeca ones which are nice, fitted myself, bit fiddly doing with the car on the ground, would have been nice to have a hydraulic lift then would have been a doddle. I do find they help access and are very useful if you need access to the roof, and also add some deterrent if not protection against dings.

I think the Barmeca and these LR ones will fit tighter to the sill than the ones I have. But if the tubes are £921, wonder how much these LR ones will be!!

some pics can be found here and on this thread...

My Evoque Pics

How do you know the Mudflaps are different Tim? I couldn't find any mention of this, although I can see the steps come much further forward than the tubes, so could effect the mud flaps. (my aftermarket ones don't)

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 31-07-2014 09:29am by PhilSkill.)
31-07-2014 09:28am
RREVO

I'd been looking for some side steps (with no chrome bits to them) for a while, that matched the Dynamics mostly black trim. Found these ones on Ebay very good quality and reasonably priced. I fitted these myself a couple of weeks ago and like others have said I wish I had raised the car first, because ground clearance is very tight when fitting them. But not impossible.

[Image: step1.jpg]
[Image: step3.jpg]
[Image: step4.jpg]
[Image: step2.jpg]

Dynamic Si4 Auto 5dr, Orkney Grey, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Powered open & close Tailgate, 20” Gloss black wheels
31-07-2014 04:26pm
Evoqueen

I like the deployable side steps. I've seen them once in a YouTube video but nowhere else. I also like the steps without chrome.

2016 Evoque HSE Dynamic, Santorini Black with Cirrus Grey interior, coated in Ceramic Pro 9H Very Happy
27-05-2015 02:30am
colmorgan

you got the ebay number for them?somany tochoose from
28-01-2016 06:16am