Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Si4 How to replace battery?
Bruno787

Si4---Need help with Battery replacement procedures? Do I need to remove the Strut Tower Bar? Does the Evoque need some Computer battery registration (ala BMW?), or can I just install a new battery and go?

15 Maserati Quattroporte GTS
11 Mini John Cooper Works
12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic
10-04-2014 01:45pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Si4 How to replace battery?

I don't know about the physical side of changing a battery but you may have to get the Battery Management System reset after the new battery is in and connected up

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-04-2014 08:10pm
Stadt Panzer

Some of in the past have disconnected the battery for a hard reset and have never worried about a computer registration problem and never had a problem.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
11-04-2014 05:34am
mark_n

Yes, you do need to remove the suspension strut brace or at least the battery end and loosen the other. When my battery was replaced by LR assistance, no programming or reset was required.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
11-04-2014 05:42pm
Bruno787

so is premature battery failure a common occurrence with Evoques? im wondering as mine is Varta oem, and my Mini's varta at 4 years old is still going strong vs my Evoque's varta which is barely 2 years old.

12-04-2014 01:53pm
mark_n

(12-04-2014 01:53pm)Bruno787 Wrote:  so is premature battery failure a common occurrence with Evoques? im wondering as mine is Varta oem, and my Mini's varta at 4 years old is still going strong vs my Evoque's varta which is barely 2 years old.

Tough to be sure but there is some evidence that in early cars, the battery was not being fully charged. The fancy battery condition monitor incorrectly reported the state of the battery, a problem since fixed by software. Suffice it to say that when LR Assistance turned up to fix my stranded car, he had a replacement ready to hand. If your battery has failed, make sure you have the latest software.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
12-04-2014 10:19pm
Bruno787

i had the Q261 update almost a year ago. oh well hopefully LR service arrives early tomorrow as they have to fly-in to my place

13-04-2014 02:29pm
mstraka

I have no experience with this item. (Do an online search for battery memory saver.) In the past having experienced the frustration of resetting all memory based presets in several cars after changing the battery and also the cars' software relearning of operating parameters, I've purchased an inexpensive item that claims to retain all memory settings while the battery is out of the car. It is a simple device that uses a 9 volt battery and plugs into the lighter socket allowing you to then remove the battery with no loss of battery power and memory (sorry no photo.) The Evoque's lighter sockets remain live with the ignition off. My next future battery removal will test this device. Has anyone experience with this item?
13-04-2014 03:17pm
Guam135i

How old are the batteries being replaced mine is 2012 with 20K miles?
10-10-2016 11:30pm
PhilSkill

I'd expect to get around 7 years from a normal battery. Mines 2011 and fine so far, start stop even works occasionally too!

We'll see how long the Absorbent glass mat batteries last...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-10-2016 12:42pm