Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shudder
speary

Shudder

Has anybody noticed a slight shudder in the transmission when changing from first into second gear (manual)
Mine has done it for a while and I feel it is happening more often. Car is booked into the main dealer and dual mass flywheel has been mentioned as a possible cause Shocked

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
16-07-2013 12:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Shudder

I take it it's not clutch judder? I get that very occasionally, but nothing to worry me.

If it is the DMF then be glad it's under warranty!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
16-07-2013 11:06pm
speary

(16-07-2013 11:06pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I take it it's not clutch judder? I get that very occasionally, but nothing to worry me.

If it is the DMF then be glad it's under warranty!

feels like clutch judder but I understand that problems with the DMF would feel similar, so I don't really know hence its booked in to the dealers

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
17-07-2013 08:29am
Westy

I've done 46000 miles now and mine occasionally has had some judder, I put it down to my other half driving it, slipping the clutch etc.

Nothing to worry about, I don't think it should shudder though, best get it checked, ps ask for the master tech as sometimes you may know more than the guy testing it and you may end up being told that it is normal !

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
17-07-2013 06:40pm
speary

(17-07-2013 06:40pm)Westy Wrote:  I've done 46000 miles now and mine occasionally has had some judder, I put it down to my other half driving it, slipping the clutch etc.

Nothing to worry about, I don't think it should shudder though, best get it checked, ps ask for the master tech as sometimes you may know more than the guy testing it and you may end up being told that it is normal !

They have booked a tech to go out with me when I take it in
I have a feeling that they are aware of a problem as it is the first time that the service manager has NOT said "we have never come across that problem before"

19-07-2013 01:33pm