Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Show us your Winters
defender_uk

RE: Show us your Winters

(26-11-2011 10:25pm)ytshome Wrote:  Yours look fantastic and the weather is just so right. You're lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world and have a lovely motor too. Enjoy the snow. If anyone can give some basic advice on posting a photo I'd appreciate it as I've tried to add an attachment and nothing happened.

same as mine...though mine are 17"

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
27-11-2011 03:18pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoqess

(26-11-2011 11:34pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Looks great Evoqess, like the wheels and good to hear it improves traction and confidence, did you sort out the TPMS?

Thanks for all the positive feedback! I'm pretty chuffed that I was able to locate some aftermarket rims that look great / fit the car. My TPMS dilemma was sorted by the service tech - he basically told me not to bother with sensors as they weren't guaranteed to work on non LR rims anyway. So I saved some cash and just have the infinitesimally small annoyance of a "TPMS not available message" on the dash at car start up. The red TPMS warning light does not illuminate. I'm keeping a digital tire gauge in the glove compartment and will buy a dozen bottles of red wine with the money saved lol!

Those rims are tasteful YTS! When I placed my Style 4s in storage I noticed they were made in Italy which I thought was interesting - for even bits of my Italian Vespa are made in China! (I guess the Italians have their hands full making wheels for Landrover eh?).

What's the weather forecast look like in your parts for the next week? We will be down to 1 degree by week end so I am keeping my fingers crossed for some downtown snow.

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
(This post was last modified: 28-11-2011 03:04am by Evoqess.)
28-11-2011 03:00am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

(27-11-2011 10:31am)griff Wrote:  I can categorically confirm that after two years of winter where I could not get my BMW out we will now have no snow in southern England this year.
Why - because I have now bought a 4x4 Laughing
Griff

Yep bought my Evoque purely to ensure we have no snow in southern England for the next 10 years! Laughing

My Style 4's will be my winters once I've had the use out of the Scorpion tyres on them! Need to get the wheel seal on them asap!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
28-11-2011 11:50pm
3VOQU3

so that's what snow looks like.. We're just heading into a long hot dry summer, Xmas last year was 38' so seeing snow and that scenary makes me jealous..

What a view..
30-11-2011 05:10am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

When I saw the title of the thread I thought, strange Evoquess wanted to see pictures of winter scenes, surely she sees enough snow in and around Vancouver not to want to see the snow others get......................... and on reading the thread I see you are talking about winter tyres (yawn, again) I have a set of Continental S&I fitted to 19" standard RRE wheels waiting to be fitted to the car when I get back. I went to the expence also of buying the TPMS sensors for the wheels at £220 for 4 OEM sensors, so they had better work properly.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-11-2011 11:48am
J77

Just the standard evoque tyres for me, over the past few winters my freelander 2 has coped well on the standard tyre.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
30-11-2011 02:00pm
PhilSkill

(30-11-2011 11:48am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  When I saw the title of the thread I thought, strange Evoquess wanted to see pictures of winter scenes, surely she sees enough snow in and around Vancouver not to want to see the snow others get......................... and on reading the thread I see you are talking about winter tyres (yawn, again) I have a set of Continental S&I fitted to 19" standard RRE wheels waiting to be fitted to the car when I get back. I went to the expence also of buying the TPMS sensors for the wheels at £220 for 4 OEM sensors, so they had better work properly.

Hi Tim, Yes lets get some Evoque in Snow Pics...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
30-11-2011 03:04pm
Evoqess

Welcome back Tim! As you can see I have increased my post numbers considerably since you left with all sorts of fascinating and interesting contributions Wink
Winter tires included! Well I really just wanted to show off those BBS wheels because I was amazed to find a neat new set on the used market.
I fully expect your TPMS sensors to work as they are mounted on OEM wheels.
(30-11-2011 05:10am)3VOQU3 Wrote:  so that's what snow looks like.. We're just heading into a long hot dry summer, Xmas last year was 38' so seeing snow and that scenary makes me jealous..

What a view..

38 degrees, holy!! I grew up in Hobart so xmases were warm for sure, but Nth Hemisphere xmases are picturesque indeed with locals needing some cheering up in the darker, gloomy months!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2011 06:43pm by Evoqess.)
30-11-2011 06:40pm
SebM

Snow !!!!!!!!!

[Image: rresnow.jpg]

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
18-12-2011 03:59pm