Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Show us your Winters
Evoqess

Show us your Winters

This thread might not be at all relevant for our friends in Australia or other warm climates Smile

I'm very happy with my 18 inch BBS CF wheels and Bridgestone DM-V1 winter tires. They started their life last season on a FL2 so got a great price for near new, pre-owned.
A couple of iPhone snaps from Cypress Mountain yesterday (about 30 minute drive).

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
26-11-2011 09:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Daigriff

RE: Show us your Winters

Looks great with the winterwonderland background.

You are so lucky having the mountains and skiing so close. My friends daughter flew out on Thursday for a season in whistler...I'm so jealous.

Back to the car...I'm sure they give you loads of grip. What will you put on in the spring?

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
26-11-2011 09:26pm
Evoqess

Thanks Daigriff! Yes Whistler/Blackcomb is amazing. I guess living in an earthquake zone makes for some incredible mountains! I'm an avid "extreme" outdoors fanatic (hehe, I mean extreme snowshoeing as I value my knee ligaments too much!).
I must say the car feels invincible now, grippy and slightly more road noise as expected. I'm a more confident driver. In the spring it will be back to my 19 inch style 4s. I do like nice alloys but living in an apartment (true Vancouver style) means storage of extra wheels would be very tricky!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
26-11-2011 09:38pm
IKM

Look great, thanks for the post, (and all your posts, especially for being so upbeat and helpful). We have snow in the Northern mountains, but no Evoque yet.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
26-11-2011 09:40pm
ytshome

(26-11-2011 09:20pm)Evoqess Wrote:  This thread might not be at all relevant for our friends in Australia or other warm climates Smile

I'm very happy with my 18 inch BBS CF wheels and Bridgestone DM-V1 winter tires. They started their life last season on a FL2 so got a great price for near new, pre-owned.
A couple of iPhone snaps from Cypress Mountain yesterday (about 30 minute drive).

Yours look fantastic and the weather is just so right. You're lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world and have a lovely motor too. Enjoy the snow. If anyone can give some basic advice on posting a photo I'd appreciate it as I've tried to add an attachment and nothing happened.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
(This post was last modified: 27-11-2011 12:14am by ytshome.)
26-11-2011 10:25pm
PhilSkill

Looks great Evoqess, like the wheels and good to hear it improves traction and confidence, did you sort out the TPMS?

Yts to add photos you first need to use reply rather than use the quick text, then you Add attachment by using Browse, photo must not be too large, once youve selected the photo, wait a bit and the file is transferred then the file is listed with the button insert into post... press that and some text appears in your post

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
26-11-2011 11:34pm
ytshome

(26-11-2011 11:34pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Looks great Evoqess, like the wheels and good to hear it improves traction and confidence, did you sort out the TPMS?

Yts to add photos you first need to use reply rather than use the quick text, then you Add attachment by using Browse, photo must not be too large, once youve selected the photo, wait a bit and the file is transferred then the file is listed with the button insert into post... press that and some text appears in your post

Thanks Phil, That's what I tried so I guess it must have been too big....just like my waist lineLaughing

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
26-11-2011 11:58pm
kam100

Looks fantastic..
27-11-2011 12:39am
griff

Looks great.
I can categorically confirm that after two years of winter where I could not get my BMW out we will now have no snow in southern England this year.
Why - because I have now bought a 4x4 Laughing
Griff

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
27-11-2011 10:31am
Craig_d1

Like the alloys Smile
27-11-2011 10:39am