Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should the Evoque be fitted with a Defibrilator?
PhilSkill

RE: Should the Evoque be fitted with a Defibrilator?

James Bond had one in his Aston Martin, luckily for him! Defib not coffee machine! Laughing
Mind you he wrote that off 2 miles down the road so driving after defribulating oneself almost as dangerous as using ones phone!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 20-03-2012 12:37am by PhilSkill.)
20-03-2012 12:35am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
edgedata

(20-03-2012 12:35am)PhilSkill Wrote:  James Bond had one in his Aston Martin, luckily for him! Defib not coffee machine! Laughing
Mind you he wrote that off 2 miles down the road so driving after defribulating oneself almost as dangerous as using ones phone!

Good job Vesper was there to sort out the dodgy wiring though.

Previous: 12MY Pure 5dr SD4 Tech Auto Orkney Grey : 20" Style 6 : Pano+black roof : Ebony Int : Rear cam : Folding mirrors : Power tailgate : 825W Meridian : Fogs : Privacy glass
Now : 14MY Dynamic SD4 5dr 9speed Firenze Red : 20" Style 6 : Pano+black roof : Power tailgate : 825W Meridian : Privacy glass + more...
20-03-2012 12:44am
j7david

They're not cheap to buy, and they're even less cheap to maintain.

How many defibs would you need in how many cars on the off chance of coming across one VF/VT-arrested person AND being able to defib them AND leading to a positive outcome (i.e. discharge from hospital). I suspect it'd cost millions and millions to save one life, which would be fine if we had those millions to spend..

Teaching people to drive properly would be more use in terms of lives saved IMHO than carrying extra medical gear. Most likely scenario you'd come across in a car is probably an accident, not a collapse, and I'd argue that the top bits of immediate kit you want for trauma would be more use in a car (but statistically unaffordable for everyone to carry, much less know how to use).
20-03-2012 07:51am
johnboy

(19-03-2012 10:10pm)vinny Wrote:  So we have had paramedic and traffic cop,just waiting on the next post.....every evoque should have a fire extinguisher fitted Very Happy

Being a Fire Officer I don't think its a bad idea to carry a small extinguisher in the backWink

On order, delivery May 2012 Fuji White SD4 Man, Tech Pack, Privacy Glass, Pano roof, Fogs, Lux Mats, power tailgate, puddle lamps, Auto dimming rear view mirror, 19" Style 4: Mud flaps: Xenons, rear camera: Dog Guard by Travall: Boot Liner. Delivered 29/05/12
20-03-2012 08:12am
PigLauncher

(20-03-2012 08:12am)johnboy Wrote:  Being a Fire Officer I don't think its a bad idea to carry a small extinguisher in the backWink

I work offshore and was hoping the Dynamic would come with a lifeboat as standard. Very disappointing.

Manual Dynamic, Firenze, Chrome Shadows, Santorini Pano,Verve,Ebony Headliner,Lux Pack, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons.TPMS. June the 20th.
04-04-2012 12:14pm
Wired

(20-03-2012 08:12am)johnboy Wrote:  Being a Fire Officer I don't think its a bad idea to carry a small extinguisher in the backWink

Thats probably because you have a habit of driving to fires, were we are trying to avoid them Cool

SD4 Automatic Prestige BALTIC BLUE - 5 DOOR - 19" wheels - Xeons - Tech pack - winter pack - Pano roof
04-04-2012 02:20pm