Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Order process
penarthguy

Order process

Not sure if anyone can shine some light on the order to build process. I placed my order at the start of March 2012 and contacted the dealer last weekend to enquire on the order status, as I haven't been given a build date (or estimated build date). I asked specifically if the order has been passed to LR or still being held by the dealership, I was told it has "gone down the pipe" but they have not been advised on a build date.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a build date once the order has been accepted by LR. Should I have an estimated build date by now? Or am I being fobbed off by the salesman.

I have read somewhere that you get a reference No. and can check the the order status with LR - is this correct? or do I just keep contacting the dealership? The whole process is very frustrating and the salesman is not the most dynamic and they make me feel as if I'm bothering them when I'm asking for an update.
(This post was last modified: 29-04-2012 05:07pm by penarthguy.)
29-04-2012 04:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: Order process

penarthguy, you are obviously new to the forum, so welcome.

Your question has been covered/addressed many times over on this forum.

But precis the process, once you have placed your order, you will join the dealers queue, that may be a long queue or a short one, and then go into the holding pool, each month the factory calls off a number of order from your dealer, some point later your dealer will be given a build allocation, at this point you really need to firm up your build spec as you have a limited period of time before your order is locked in, once you are given the actual build date, it will likely be another 3 weeks or less for the car to get to your dealer.

Some dealers have shorter order lists and may lead to an earlier build, but not necessarily some other dealers may have larger order lists but might get a higher number of call offs per month, a confusing system, to say the least.

Hope this helps

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
29-04-2012 05:20pm
Mudi1

Ask your dealer how many evoque orders they can put through each month and what number you are in the dealers queue. You will have your approximate answer straightaway. (mine was approx 15 orders per month and I was number 100), hence an estimated 6 month wait.

I ordered in November, did not hear from dealer until February, when order was ready to go (no further changes can be made to vehicle spec when order is locked in to build).

I am still waiting.
(This post was last modified: 29-04-2012 11:11pm by Mudi1.)
29-04-2012 11:09pm
Ranger4

Mine was ordered on the 22nd December 2011, by the salesman, and he emailed me straight away to tell me that the LR computer system showed an initial build date of the 8th Feb 2012. I assume that all Landrover dealerships have this ordering system?

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
30-04-2012 03:50pm
OGD+

I ordered on 20 Feb, informed today that build date is 29 June.

So you should not have too long to wait.

Good luck!!
30-04-2012 04:08pm
Straydox

(30-04-2012 04:08pm)OGD+ Wrote:  I ordered on 20 Feb, informed today that build date is 29 June.

Good luck!!

A 6 month lead time or a little under seems to be the average now - I ordered the 1st week of Dec 2011 mine will be built on Thursday of this week Very Happy

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
30-04-2012 04:17pm
Jonathon555

(30-04-2012 04:08pm)OGD+ Wrote:  I ordered on 20 Feb, informed today that build date is 29 June.

Good luck!!

I ordered feb was given an estimated time of july , sounds similar

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
30-04-2012 09:23pm