Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone with Warranty issues so far ?
Aussievoque

RE: Anyone with Warranty issues so far ?

(13-02-2013 10:40am)BA74 Wrote:  Unfair I feel to make the above comment. Personally mine has run perfectly...

Seems a perfectly fair and justifiable comment to me, especially as he says based on a lot of threads and on the many of us who have had to follow up issues with LR.

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
18-02-2013 05:34am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BA74

(18-02-2013 05:34am)Aussievoque Wrote:  Seems a perfectly fair and justifiable comment to me, especially as he says based on a lot of threads and on the many of us who have had to follow up issues with LR.

Flawed logic... The many of us who are perfectly happy with ours don't create threads just to tell people everything's going well.

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
18-02-2013 09:39am
Aussievoque

(18-02-2013 09:39am)BA74 Wrote:  Flawed logic... The many of us who are perfectly happy with ours don't create threads just to tell people everything's going well.

Doesn't mean that others aren't entitled to voice their opinion or ask questions. Little thing called freedom of speech.......what a boring forum this would be if we all just raved about the Evoque and didn't mention the flaws.

And speaking of flawed, this forum is full of threads created by people just to say how well there cars are going....so any other 'intelligent' comments you want to make??? Laughing

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
19-02-2013 12:24am
SEC

Does anyone know whether our fair-trade laws have a limit on how many attempts a vendor can make to resolve an issue, before we're are entitled to either our money back or a replacement product ?
I suspect that any protection we have here is targeted for smaller consumer items, but the car is about to go back for its 3rd visit for the same problem.

I'd read elsewhere on the broader site where in other jurisdictions, that there was a 3 strikes refund policy.

Pure, SD4, Fuji White, 5 Door, Ebony Leather, Pano Roof, Reverse Camera , Clearview, Pure Tech and Cold Climate packs, Privacy Glass, Rear Vents.

Delivered 21 September 2012 and the damn thing wont stop rattling ................
04-03-2013 03:25am
Filski

Anyone with Warranty issues so far ?

First step is to try and get in touch with land rover and reach an agreement about how many times the same problem can be attempted to be repaired. If not satisfied it goes for resolution by Fair Trading, finally if that doesn't work it's off to Consumer trader and Tenancy Tribunal.

I'm prepared to go down this route based on a 3 strikes basis if I get a dud.
04-03-2013 03:48am
scrannel

First week I had mine I mentioned to dealer I was getting 3 min warning. Brought the car by, did some reading while they ran a load test. Replaced the battery. 45 minutes and out the door. He said a lot come in with crap batteries. And for the Stuv waiting 4 weeks while they try to find out what's wrong wiht the power steering... can't they just replace the damned thing?

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
04-03-2013 04:30am
SEC

(04-03-2013 03:48am)Filski Wrote:  First step is to try and get in touch with land rover and reach an agreement about how many times the same problem can be attempted to be repaired. If not satisfied it goes for resolution by Fair Trading, finally if that doesn't work it's off to Consumer trader and Tenancy Tribunal.

I'm prepared to go down this route based on a 3 strikes basis if I get a dud.

Thanks for the feedback and advice. I've been reluctant to call LR - especially after filling in their surveys and asking for contact and not getting any.

Sadly I really believe think the servicing dealer is actually trying to help me, but the problem is recurrent.

I'll make the call today and then start documenting with emails etc. I can even email them the recordings of the car rattling up the road at 0545 each morning - its joyous !

Cheers.

Pure, SD4, Fuji White, 5 Door, Ebony Leather, Pano Roof, Reverse Camera , Clearview, Pure Tech and Cold Climate packs, Privacy Glass, Rear Vents.

Delivered 21 September 2012 and the damn thing wont stop rattling ................
04-03-2013 10:27pm
SEC

An update - Lodged the complaint with LR Australia and was provided with a reference number.

Apparently by asking anything about consumer rights via fair-trading gets their back up and if 'I am going down that path, there's nothing more they can help me with'. They will however call me next week to give me an update during the car's next stay at the dealership.

I read here before that they sell cars not service, but I can now say I've experienced it first hand.

05-03-2013 03:47am