Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shipped Evoque from Australia to UK
Wagstafari

Hi All,

I have recently just moved back to the UK Shocked from Australia where we purchased our 2013 Dynamic Evoque.

The car is currently floating across an ocean somewhere between here and there and its due in about 6 weeks time.

A few things which I am looking into right now are as follows:

1. Changing speedo from KMs to Miles as Australian RREs only have KMs on instrument cluster

2. Changing the sat nav from Australian maps to UK

3. Insurance of the car. As this is now an import, but not from Europe

If anyone has had experience with any of the above then I'd be keen to hear from you.

I have contacted my local LJR dealer in Portsmouth and they have already quoted me £1000+ for the instrument cluster swap to a British one with Miles. Also they quoted another £1300 or so to change the sat nav to Europe....

As you can imagine, help from our fellow RRE owners is certainly preferential !!

Thanks

Alex

MY13.5 Si4 Dynamic, Firenze Red with Santorini Black roof, Dark Tint, Verve Interior, Rear Camera, HDD Sat Nav, Keyless Entry, auto tailgate and 20" Gloss Black Style 6 shoes Smile
01-07-2015 11:07am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadt Panzer

The KM's to MPH can be done on the settings, no real need to change the cluster. Miles is then displayed at the bottom in figures.

Insurance is always going to be a problem in the UK as a lot of insurance companies won't insurer the car without a tracker. But it can be done.

Not sure about the mapping.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2015 11:48am by Stadt Panzer.)
01-07-2015 11:47am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wagstafari

RE: Shipped Evoque from Australia to UK

(01-07-2015 11:47am)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  The KM's to MPH can be done on the settings, no real need to change the cluster. Miles is then displayed at the bottom in figures.

Insurance is always going to be a problem in the UK as a lot of insurance companies won't insurer the car without a tracker. But it can be done.

Thanks for that Stadt.

I know that the units can be changed from KMs to MPH as I have done this already resulting in the distance left before needing to refuel and the distance on the sat nav is displayed in MPH, but the actual digital speed display is still in KM. Are you saying that the actual speed display can be change to MPH? If so please explain further as I have already searched with now joy as yet.

Thanks.

MY13.5 Si4 Dynamic, Firenze Red with Santorini Black roof, Dark Tint, Verve Interior, Rear Camera, HDD Sat Nav, Keyless Entry, auto tailgate and 20" Gloss Black Style 6 shoes Smile
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2015 11:57am by Wagstafari.)
01-07-2015 11:56am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Good shot

(01-07-2015 11:47am)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  The KM's to MPH can be done on the settings, no real need to change the cluster. Miles is then displayed at the bottom in figures.

Mine is insured without a tracker.

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
01-07-2015 01:33pm
PhilSkill

Not on an Evoque, But a colleague of mine had to print his own Dial graphic and open the unit to re-sticker the speedo (he tried buying a 2nd hand UK dial unit but it was near impossible to swap out the dial face and the unit was coded to the ECU to avoid the Mileage being changed) VW also wanted near £1000 to change the unit.

But the Digital display will require software changing if that is a requirement to have in MPH (check if you need to do this).

(He then had to buy 2nd hand headlight units, fairly easy for a VW Golf luckily, that should not be a problem for you.)

Sat Nav, don't know if anyone's managed to modify it, so maybe an aftermarket Tom-Tom or pay's the Dealer!

It's £200 just to upgrade your maps UK-> latest UK once! Scandalous when you look at the price of a Tom-Tom with lifetime upgrades at sub £100!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
01-07-2015 02:43pm
Stadt Panzer

(01-07-2015 11:56am)Wagstafari Wrote:  Thanks for that Stadt.

I know that the units can be changed from KMs to MPH as I have done this already resulting in the distance left before needing to refuel and the distance on the sat nav is displayed in MPH, but the actual digital speed display is still in KM. Are you saying that the actual speed display can be change to MPH? If so please explain further as I have already searched with now joy as yet.

Thanks.

Just follow the photos. Wink
[Image: ab831d7534d699784c5e66f59e77429d.jpg][Image: d01f8ba60d96e6c6a0ced49eba7dadc7.jpg][Image: c5266355cb6ef3c211105462ad0de23c.jpg][Image: 961a5c19d96eec065e4bb36000c9e017.jpg]

Somewhere in the North Sea.
01-07-2015 07:08pm
jasons

I agree, wasnt a requirement with Axa- in fact no difference with or without a tracker in terms of cost..

There are some Central London postcodes that I'm led to believe are issues, but only seem to be applying to the full fat RR.
Theres a few posts on Pistonheads about the whole insurance aspect.
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2015 09:29pm by jasons.)
01-07-2015 09:29pm
Wagstafari

(01-07-2015 07:08pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  Just follow the photos. Wink
[Image: ab831d7534d699784c5e66f59e77429d.jpg][Image: d01f8ba60d96e6c6a0ced49eba7dadc7.jpg][Image: c5266355cb6ef3c211105462ad0de23c.jpg][Image: 961a5c19d96eec065e4bb36000c9e017.jpg]

Great Info thanks Mate.

From memory your display seems different to mine, but i will certainly look to set these configs as soon as I get the car back.Will be a great result if that can be changed so easily!

I would then just look to purchase some replacement dials which would be far cheaper than the full cluster replacement Smile

Ill keep you all updated on my progress Wink

Cheers.

(01-07-2015 09:29pm)jasons Wrote:  Insurance is always going to be a problem in the UK as a lot of insurance companies won't insurer the car without a tracker. But it can be done.

I agree, wasnt a requirement with Axa- in fact no difference with or without a tracker in terms of cost..

There are some Central London postcodes that I'm led to believe are issues, but only seem to be applying to the full fat RR.
Theres a few posts on Pistonheads about the whole insurance aspect.

Thanks Smile

AXA seem to be pretty good so I will give them a shout.

Rgds,

Waggers

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2015 09:45am by Wagstafari.)
02-07-2015 09:45am
PhilSkill

I've never been asked to fit a tracker on any car even when I lived in London.

Imports may exclude some Bucket shop insurance companies, so just means a bit more phoning around.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
02-07-2015 11:14am
Good shot

(02-07-2015 11:14am)PhilSkill Wrote:  I've never been asked to fit a tracker on any car even when I lived in London.

Imports may exclude some Bucket shop insurance companies, so just means a bit more phoning around.

Mine was via A-Plan.

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
02-07-2015 03:15pm