Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shiny car
cjfp

Shiny car

At GoodwoodFOS on Friday, I visited the Merc showroom - full of lots of very shiny cars. The guy who 'sparkled' the cars was there - soft fluffy mitt on one hand and a can of spray in the other. I noticed that the spray can was wrapped in duct tape so decided to have a word with him:-
Me "Why is your can wrapped in duct tape?"
Him "So we don't advertise"
Me (jokingly) "Oh, or is it so we don't see that it is a product we can all buy in the supermarket!"
Him "Hmmm, well, hmmmm - actually you can and it does clean furniture nicely too"

He showed us and it turns out to be our old friend Pledge furniture cleaner!

As they were using it on v expensive Mercs etc then I assume it doesn't damage paint etc, but it did make a good job of keeping them shiny.

Anyone already aware of this?
Anyone brave enough to try?

Disclaimer - I obviously am just reporting an event and take no responsibility if anyone tries this and it knackers anything!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2011 07:04am by cjfp.)
04-07-2011 07:04am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
evoque_virgin

RE: Shiny car

It doesn't do clear coat any real harm, however it has no resistance to rain, so it will get washed off pretty easy, hence why waxes are used rather than silicon based items.

For displaying a car and making it shiny though it is pretty handy.
04-07-2011 08:45pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply