Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shifter moves from park to drive but car stays in park mode
AndreiHTudor

Shifter moves from park to drive but car stays in park mode

Hey there,
I own a 2014 Evoque 9 speed automatic transmission and once each 4-5 days when I move the shifter from park to drive the car stays in park mode even if I have selected D with the shifter, when this happens I just move the shifter back to park and then when I move it again to R or D it works.
The car has around 100.000 km, I had it taken to the LR service for a software upgrade and they said everything is ok but this problem still happens, any ideas what is causing it and if it is a serious issue?
Thanks
(This post was last modified: 23-03-2017 07:05pm by AndreiHTudor.)
23-03-2017 06:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Doody

RE: Shifter moves from park to drive but car stays in park mode

mine does something different, fwiw. when i move it from P to R it shifts into reverse, but doesn't disengage the parking brake, which i have to do manually. infrequently though - maybe once a month. i just chalk it up to software glitches. it always fixes right up with another button push.

d

2012 Prestige Premium
23-03-2017 11:53pm
AndreiHTudor

(23-03-2017 11:53pm)Doody Wrote:  mine does something different, fwiw. when i move it from P to R it shifts into reverse, but doesn't disengage the parking brake, which i have to do manually. infrequently though - maybe once a month. i just chalk it up to software glitches. it always fixes right up with another button push.

d

Yup yours sounds indeed like a minor software glitch, mine on the other hand I think could be a bigger problem Sad
24-03-2017 09:43am
mighTTy-RRE

Doody, just a thought with your problem - if the door is not shut then the parking brake wont disengage automatically, which can be a pain if you leave the door open to look backwards when reversing. So could it be this or a door switch not functioning correctly?
24-03-2017 11:49am