Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
She's almost home....
Wagstafari

She's almost home....

Hi Guys,

This Friday I collect my vehicle from the shippers and bring her back home after 2 months of her being shipped across the world from Australia to the UK.

This is quite a process to say the least, a lot of which I'm still working through...

One matter of concern is whether or not I can update/reinstall UK maps onto my HDD Sat Nav system? I did call my local dealer and they said I should be able to just purchase the latest UK/Europe maps and then load that onto the HDD system.

If so then that's great news as I'm happy to have 2015 maps etc. If not, then I'll need to find a work around etc.

Hoping someone may be able to shine some light here.

Can't wait to have our Evoque back !!!

Wag

Wink

MY13.5 Si4 Dynamic, Firenze Red with Santorini Black roof, Dark Tint, Verve Interior, Rear Camera, HDD Sat Nav, Keyless Entry, auto tailgate and 20" Gloss Black Style 6 shoes Smile
18-08-2015 02:34pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: She's almost home....

See Here

http://landrover.navigation.com/product/...erEMEA/GBP

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-08-2015 03:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wagstafari

She's almost home....

Cheers Smile

Still not sure if you can overwrite existing maps tho?!?

MY13.5 Si4 Dynamic, Firenze Red with Santorini Black roof, Dark Tint, Verve Interior, Rear Camera, HDD Sat Nav, Keyless Entry, auto tailgate and 20" Gloss Black Style 6 shoes Smile
(This post was last modified: 19-08-2015 09:41pm by Wagstafari.)
19-08-2015 09:40pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Pete@Landrover can probably help you on that one - He has his own section of the forum or you can contact him by PM

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-08-2015 10:38pm
jcarrot

(18-08-2015 03:02pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  See Here

http://landrover.navigation.com/product/...erEMEA/GBP

Having had several sat navs (built in and Garmin) I was disappointed that my Evoque Pure Tech 2014 did not show speed restrictions. Does anyone know if the update now includes this?
Not bothered by speed camera information just like to know what speed I am supposed to be doing if I have missed the sign.
It seems to indicate this on the website but the live chat seems to be closed.
20-08-2015 11:55am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Land Rover does not include speed cam info for a very good reason............ they expect you to drive within the speed limits! I think the real reason is that they have taken legal advice which has told them that one day some smarta*se that has been caught speeding will sue them for putting up incorrect data. Having said that it is possible to download up to date speed cam position and add them as points of interest. But as a holier than thou, no need to speed driver who has never even had a point on his licence in nearly 43 years of driving, I have no idea where you would find them on the interweb to download. Wink
The road sign recognition system was brilliant for this, one of the two options I had on my last Evoque that I couldn't get on my RRS2 that I really miss.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-08-2015 07:04pm by XFullFatTim.)
21-08-2015 07:00pm
jcarrot

(21-08-2015 07:00pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Land Rover does not include speed cam info for a very good reason............ they expect you to drive within the speed limits! I think the real reason is that they have taken legal advice which has told them that one day some smarta*se that has been caught speeding will sue them for putting up incorrect data. Having said that it is possible to download up to date speed cam position and add them as points of interest. But as a holier than thou, no need to speed driver who has never even had a point on his licence in nearly 43 years of driving, I have no idea where you would find them on the interweb to download. Wink
The road sign recognition system was brilliant for this, one of the two options I had on my last Evoque that I couldn't get on my RRS2 that I really miss.

I wasn't asking about speed camera locations but about speed limits which my 2014 Evoque Sat Nav does not show, since my post the other day I was able to do a Live chat with the Land Rover Here+ site and was informed that the update does in fact show adjusted speed limits.
This makes sense as my Windows phone with Here+ does show speed limits and audible warning if you creep over relevant speed (this app is free!).
I managed to collect 3 points for missing a 30 speed sign which had closely followed a 40 so this is of particular interest to me. I wonder how many times other people have missed the relevant speed sign for where they are travelling.
22-08-2015 09:45am