Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Service help.
Stevie5tapes

Service help.

Hi all, can any one help me please?

I've come from a FL2 to a 2016 Evoque with a Ignium engine. I am struggling to find any information about servicing. My FL2 was simple, it had a service book and an A and B service. I bought the Evoque last year and the garage gave the car a full service to manufactures spec as the car was 4 years old and the service message was on.

Is the service requirement for a 2016 Evoque 2 yearly or is there supposed to be a minor service in between? My car will be 5 years old next month so i am unsure if the car needs a service or not.

Can anyone help as i am total baffled by the service requirements?

Thanks everyone.
13-08-2021 09:23am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Service help.

Your local LR dealer will be able to tell you of any service history as since 2012 (IIRC) they have been held electronically by JLR. You will need your car’s VIN and they will also be able to tell you if there are any outstanding recalls and TSB’s to be carried out on the car. You used to be able to find the history on TOPIX but it may be a subscription payment is required - you can take out a 24 hours subscription. The problem will be if the car has not been serviced ied by a franchised agent but by an indie garage. LR dealer will also be able to tell you what your service program should be. I have a 4 Cylinder 2.0ltr Ingenium engine in my Defender - service requirement is every 21000 miles or 2 years but I have no faith in oil/ filters going that far without causing longevity problems so 2 weeks ago at 10600 miles and 13 months old I had a filter and oil change - was surprised to find that JLR are doing a special deal at the moment - Oil and Filter (7ltr synergetic Castro’s Edge Professional), screen wash refill, DEF refill (mine was down to 400 miles range left), vehicle check over, check software is all up to date and a valet all for £149 including Labour and VAT. Seeing as they wanted £2000 for a service contract that is basically 2 oil and filter changes I reckon that £149 was money well spent as I didn’t take up the expensive service contract offer.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 13-08-2021 05:16pm by XFullFatTim.)
13-08-2021 05:07pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply