Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Service Plan on Lease
hyper

Service Plan on Lease

I have been told today by a main dealer that you cannot purchase a 5 year service plan if the car is on a lease agreement. You can only do this if it is on a PCP.
Anyone heard different?
03-01-2017 04:22pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Service Plan on Lease

Would have thought that it depends on if the leasing company is prepared to pay for it as it is/was an option at extra cost. I see it isn't even available on the Evoque configurator options list but I appreciate that the configurator isn't always correct

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-01-2017 09:02pm
hyper

This is the thing.
I am paying for the servicing, yet the dealership have said I cannot pay for the service pack, but can pay for the services individually! I wonder why
04-01-2017 09:41am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

IIRC the Service Pack had to be purchased when the car was handed over when new or within a fixed number of days (30 or 60) of delivery. It was basically listed as a factory fitted optional extra and couldn't be retro-fitted so to speak.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2017 10:53am by XFullFatTim.)
04-01-2017 10:52am